Australian Card Fight Results *Spoilers*

WelshDevilRob

Lenny Zappavigna Crushes Ji Hoon Kim in One Round

By Chris LaBate

Lenny Zappavigna earned a world title shot by knocking out the dangerous Ji Hoon Kim in the first round of their IBF lightweight eliminator. Zappavigna (25-0, 17KOs) knocked Kim (21-7, 18KOs) down twice in the first 90 seconds of their fight at the Sydney Olympic Park Sports Centre.

A follow-up flurry of punches forced American referee Wayne Kelly to jump in and stop the bout after 101 seconds. Zappavigna will now get a shot at Miguel Vazquez (26-3, 12KOs) of Mexico.

"Once I dropped him, I knew I had him gone," Zappavigna said. "I was punching harder, stronger and faster. He's a very rangy fighter. Everyone was saying I was going to have a hard fight, a lot of people doubted me. Now whether I fight Vazquez here or over there, I'm mentally prepared."

Source:

www.boxingscene.com

12th round stoppage.I'm not too big on Karmazin,and I guess he's at the tail end of his career right now,but from what I've read it seems Geale was in control of the fight and winning before he stopped him.Sylvester really struggled with Karmazin a few months back,and I had him just losing that fight.

Really surprised at the Kim result,never expected that sudden a finish.