Harrison questions Booth's credentials

Wheelchair

Audley Harrison has turned the focus on David Haye's trainer Adam Booth by suggesting he may not have the attributes required to guide a world champion.

Haye and Harrison will face off for the WBA Heavyweight belt on November 13 and it is likely to be a hard-fought affair, with no love lost between the two fighters. Haye has continually dismissed the claims of the challenger, but Harrison has taken the verbal sparring in his stride.

He has praised Haye for his punching ability but feels there may not be a true connection between fighter and trainer.

"David has definitely shown he is a puncher, you have to give him respect for that, he can bang," Harrison told Sky sports News. "But my left hand is equal to his right hand. I believe I am the bigger puncher, I am more accurate than David and the big difference is I know I can take David's punches.

"I am ready to fight now. I know I can do 12 rounds at hard and fast pace, I am ready now."

Harrison is at an altitude-training camp in California and is not being distracted by diverting his attentions to Haye.

"The beauty of where I am at, I don't care what David Haye is doing," he said. "I'm not focusing on David Haye, I am focusing on what I have to do. As long as I know what to do, I will emerge victorious."

Haye has suffered just one defeat in his pro career, to Carl Thompson in 2004, when Booth called a halt to the fight in the fifth, and it is something Harrison feels suggests a lack of connection.

"They are both weak links for each other," Harrison said. "In the Carl Thomspon fight, Adam was throwing the towel in when David was trying to throw a punch. I don't know if Adam Booth has ever boxed or been in the ring, but obviously there was a disconnect there as he was trying to throw in the towel and rescue David and David was trying to fight.

"Me and David Haye they can say there is a gulf in class, but there isn't. I am an Olympic champion and I am back to that level again."

http://www.espn.co.uk/boxing/sport/story/50069.html?CMP=OTC-RSS

Still not excited about this bout yet....

There's no reason to get excited about it.

It's a nonsense fight, but let's face it, we've watched nonsense fights in the past.

I expect it will be mildly entertaining, but it is definitely NOT a fight to ever get excited about.

The level of competition is non-existant, and bar the fabled "lucky punch" we already know the outcome.

Don't expect it to turn into something it ain't...

You can't polish a turd!

;)

I often said that I don't like the idea of Booth as trainer, manager and promoter - it's too much. They should have kept Frank Maloney onboard but I think Booth is a control freak without the experience.

He is also said to be hard to negotiate with, doesn't budge. Sometimes that is good but the last Klitschko negotiations he should have done - 50/50 and all that.