Liverpool Echo Arena Show Postponed Until December 11

Faulks

Liverpool Echo Arena Show Postponed Until December 11; Warren Plans Super-Show

Frank Warren has postponed his Liverpool Echo Arena promotion on Saturday 23rd October until December 11th in order to put together a huge blockbuster show.

Warren, who is celebrating three decades as a promoter, will shortly announce details of the event that will feature the big names of British boxing - similar to his recent successful 'Magnificent Seven' multi-title show in Birmingham..

Liverpool's Paul Smith, who was due to defend his British Super-Middleweight title against Paul David, will still feature on the re-scheduled show.

Warren said, "I'm delighted to be celebrating my 30th anniversary knockout promotion in Liverpool for what will be a fantastic night of boxing. My recent Magnificent Seven show in Birmingham was a fantastic occasion and this show will just as big if not bigger. I will be putting on some big fights that the fans and media will really enjoy."

Members of the public who have purchased tickets for the Liverpool Echo Arena show can get a full refund by going to their original point of purchase.

Instead, on October 23rd, Warren will promote a show at London's York Hall headlined one of the best young talents in the sport, Liam Walsh, challenging for the Vacant Commonwealth Super-Featherweight title.

Unbeaten in nine fights with seven stoppages, hotly-tipped Walsh will take on tough Ghanian Maxwell Awuku in his first title challenge.

Walsh was in action only a couple of weeks ago when he beat Sebastien Cornu over six-rounds in London.

The Cromer puncher's undefeated brothers, Michael and Ryan, will also feature.

Walsh said, "This is a great opportunity for me to really make a statement by winning the title against a good tough fighter. I've been talked about by the media as a prospect to watch so now it's my opportunity to show what I can do. My brothers are on the card as well and we will pack the York Hall out for a big night of boxing for the fans."

A top quality undercard includes former footballer turned boxer Curtis Woodhouse; West Drayton light-middleweight Steve O'Meara and the highly anticipated professional debuts of welterweights Bradley Skeete and Ahmet Patterson, plus lightweight Billy Morgan.

Tickets are available now from the Frank Warren Promotions Box Office on 01992 550 888.

Im going to the supershow down south in Dec i think.

Agree with Brick he is by far the best promoter out there but is also a slimy lying bastard to boot.

He tends to deliver his fighters (often undeserving) title shots, so in that respect, he has been a great promoter for some.

He also somehow finds himself in the enviable position of having Sky TV in his back pocket.

He also seems to manage to promote total mismatches and even more incredibly land them Pay Per View status.

He's done a good job for many of his fighters, but as far as boxing itself goes, he has been one of the worst things that could have happened to it in decades.

He's put people off with his fighters fighting bums in fights that are over in seconds.

He's tucked good promotable fighters away on Sky TV and on Pay TV cards, when in reality they could have become mainstream by opting to build up their profile on terrestrial TV...

I think many promoters could have done the job he has done, fairly handily, and in many cases, done a better job.

Frank is the King Salesman though, and is one of the few who seemingly CAN "polish a turd."

He also seems to manage to promote total mismatches and even more incredibly land them Pay Per View status.

He's done a good job for many of his fighters, but as far as boxing itself goes, he has been one of the worst things that could have happened to it in decades.

He's put people off with his fighters fighting bums in fights that are over in seconds.

Agree 100% goodp//

BIG FIGHTS CONFIRMED THURSDAY

Tuesday, 12 October 2010 13:00 frankwarren.tv .Promoter Frank Warren is set to annouce details of his huge December show on Thursday.

Two press conferences will take place as Warren confirms a series of title fights to take place on December 11 at the Liverpool Echo Arena.

Many of those in action on the card featured on the Magnificent Seven show in Birmingham last month.

Also in action will be Derek Chisora, who on Tuesday confirmed that he will fight Wladimir Klitschko in Germany.

The night is the perfect way for Warren to celebrate 30 years in the boxing business, his first BBBofC sanctioned promotion taking place in 1980.