38. Dave Sands

39. Petey Scalzo

40, Samuel Serrano

41. Yoshio Shirai

42. Kid Tunero

43. Wilfredo Vazquez

44. Myung Woo Yuh

45. Hilario Zapata

(note: instead of typing up the whole list i just grabbed it from here http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20101004123921AAnZAom)

-----------

you can pick up to 10 names, so WHO R U PICKING? mlol/

i gotta review the list so ill be back with my choices. if the thread gets enough interest perhaps ill compile the BB boxing hall of fame winners...

don't care who else gets in as long as Kostya does

he's one of my all time favourite fighters and he deserves to be in the hall of fame

he is a true inspiration to everybody and a true gent with a big heart, not to mention he was blessed with huge amounts of talent

No particular order:

Julio Cesar Chavez - record speaks for itself.

Mike Tyson - huge impact on the sport and also rates as one of the best Heavyweights ever.

Donald Curry - Great skills and former Undisputed Welter Champ. One of the Top P4P at his Peak.

Tommy Farr - Took Joe Louis 15 rounds and also beat Max Bear. Plus he's Welsh.

Naseem Hamed - Titles in different weight classes and only ever lost once.

Wilfredo Vazquez - Multi weight champion and alot of defenses.

Miguel Lora - Wins over the likes of Vazquez and Zaragoza at Bantam.

Hilario Zapata - Longterm Flyweight Champion. Holds a draw with Bassa, which is good enough for me.

Freddie Mills - LH Champion in an era where winning a World title wasn't as easy as today.

Pone Kingpetch - Thai fighters often get overlooked. Champion who defended the title on the road.

Alot of names on the list I've never heard of and I'm sure most probably deserve to be inducted.

Seems to be categories.

Professional boxers have to wait five years after retirement to be eligible for election into the Hall of Fame.

This was the last set to get inducted.

On December 8, 2009, the Hall of Fame announced its Class of 2010. Living inductees include light flyweight champion Jung-Koo Chang (South Korea), featherweight champion Danny Lopez (USA), manager Shelly Finkel (USA), referee / commissioner Larry Hazzard (USA), promoter Wilfried Sauerland (Germany), matchmaker Bruce Trampler (USA) and journalist Ed Schuyler (USA). Posthumous honorees are: light heavyweight champion Lloyd Marshall (USA) in the Modern Category, featherweight champion Young Corbett II (USA), lightweight champion Rocky Kansas (USA), and light heavyweight and heavyweight contender Billy Miske (USA) in the Old-Timer Category; broadcaster Howard Cosell (USA) in the Observer Category; and Paddington Tom Jones (USA) in the Pioneer Category.

Heres the wikipedia page with all who've been entered.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/International_Boxing_Hall_of_Fame

any idea how many get inducted each year Rob?

Razz-

They take the Three Top Vote Getters in the Modern Class, which is what this ballot is made up of (fighters who's last fight took place after 1946) so with Tyson and Chavez being "no brainers" then it's really only the 3rd Spot that's open, and I think Kostya Tsyzu is a clear favorite there. We'll be able to debate it until the announcement is made in the first week of December, but I will be STUNNED if it's not Tyson, Chavez, and Kostya Tsyzu as your 2011 IBHOF Class.

Seems to be categories.

Professional boxers have to wait five years after retirement to be eligible for election into the Hall of Fame.

On December 8, 2009, the Hall of Fame announced its Class of 2010. Living inductees include light flyweight champion Jung-Koo Chang (South Korea), featherweight champion Danny Lopez (USA), manager Shelly Finkel (USA), referee / commissioner Larry Hazzard (USA), promoter Wilfried Sauerland (Germany), matchmaker Bruce Trampler (USA) and journalist Ed Schuyler (USA). Posthumous honorees are: light heavyweight champion Lloyd Marshall (USA) in the Modern Category, featherweight champion Young Corbett II (USA), lightweight champion Rocky Kansas (USA), and light heavyweight and heavyweight contender Billy Miske (USA) in the Old-Timer Category; broadcaster Howard Cosell (USA) in the Observer Category; and Paddington Tom Jones (USA) in the Pioneer Category.

no offence to those involved but that seems a pretty poor year of inductees

and cheers Dave, i hope it is Kostya

Seems to be categories.

no offence to those involved but that seems a pretty poor year of inductees

and cheers Dave, i hope it is Kostya

Yeah, 2010 was one of the weakest years to date.

I think Hamed should be in ahead of Tsyzu. With JCC and Tyson taking the other 2 spots.

i'd say Tszyu did more in his career than Hamed

To be quite honest, I think there's some American Bias at work, most of the voters are based here and some didn't care for the Prince, which should have NOTHING to do with being elected, it should STRICLY be on the Record. Hamed was on the Ballot LAST YEAR and while Danny Lopez had a bunch of sentimental support and I saw that one coming, I was very suprised to see him finish behind Jung-Koo Chang.

I think Hamed should be in ahead of Tsyzu. With JCC and Tyson taking the other 2 spots.

Rob might disagree with you, he's not Tszyus biggest fan I don't think

if you compare Tszyu and Hamed's careers i don't think there's much to debate about

Hamed's biggest win is probably against Kelley and as soon as he fought somebody of real, world class, he got beat

Tszyu beat the great JCC, Mitchell twice, made Judah do the chicken dance and Ben Tackie

To be quite honest, I think there's some American Bias at work, most of the voters are based here and some didn't care for the Prince, which should have NOTHING to do with being elected, it should STRICLY be on the Record. Hamed was on the Ballot LAST YEAR and while Danny Lopez had a bunch of sentimental support and I saw that one coming, I was very suprised to see him finish behind Jung-Koo Chang.

definitely goodp//

if you compare Tszyu and Hamed's careers i don't think there's much to debate about

Hamed's biggest win is probably against Kelley and as soon as he fought somebody of real, world class, he got beat

Tszyu beat the great JCC, Mitchell twice, made Judah do the chicken dance and Ben Tackie

Chavez was 38, Mitchell was a decent fighter, Judah's been found out time and time again and Tackies a gatekeeper at best. Tzyus record isnt all that and no better than Naz's imo. Barrera certainly wasnt the first world class fighter he faced

Chavez was 38, Mitchell was a decent fighter, Judah's been found out time and time again and Tackies a gatekeeper at best. Tzyus record isnt all that and no better than Naz's imo. Barrera certainly wasnt the first world class fighter he faced

regardless Judah is still a world level fighter

i think if you asked the majority of people they'd recognise more names on Tszyu's record than on Hamed's

naz and tsyzu are about equal to me. both only held titles in one weight class each (feather & junior welter), both were screwed out of a title that they earned preventing unification of all 4 majors (WBA and WBO, if im not mistaken), both ended their careers on a poor performance (in winnable fights against a great and a good opponent), and both never officially announced retirement.

naz was a bigger star and puncher, tsyzu fought slightly better competition.... it just about evens out to me, unless im missing something

I think Grapes view on it is pretty much spot on. He describes it well.

For me I think Hamed has the edge, I think he was more talented for a start plus he didn't fight once a year like Kostya. Kostya beat mainly old men - nice as title defences but he made a habit of it.

Hamed all the talent in the World and his loss, well that was more down to him having lost dedication and desire to train than Barrera being better than him. The money got to Hamed long before Marco did.

I think Hamed should get some special attention because it is also supposed to include ones effect on the sport, in addition to simply wins and losses. All those big Paydays that occured for the Featherweights that followed him were a direct result of the big splash Hamed made. He started earning 7 figures in a weight division where it had never been done before.

I think Tyszu will go in and Hamed won't, but when you look at the records then I think it's going to be hard to argue that had HAMED been the more likeable personality of the two, the roles would be reversed. I'm hoping that Hamed will be part of the 2012 Class, where it appears only Tommy Hearns will be newly elgible and two slots should be open.

Nobody could ever convince me that Tszyu had a greater career than either Curry or Hamed.Curry's wins over Starling and McCrory are better than wins on Tszyu's record.Then you add all those wins over the all the top ten rated fighters he beat at both 147 and 154.

Hamed beat rated contenders,world champions and was the first man(unoffcially) to capture all titles within his own division.I don't see what a Judah or a Mitchell did that was so much greater than what a Tom Johnson,Wilfredo Vazquez,Bungu,Manuel Medina ever did.Judah is a recognizable name than any of them,but more was made out of him than what he actually was.And make no mistake,prime Barrera was a far superior fighter to anyone Tszyu ever fought.

I'd rate Curry higher than Tszyu and I'd rate Hamed at the same level.

I think McGuigan deserves to be there. He beat some very good fighters and arguebly his title reign/career would have gone on longer if not for the Nevada sun.

McGuigan united the 2 sides of Northern Irish divide (well on fight nights).

Rob-

If you use the standard where you take into account things other than the actual record, which in Barry's case is somewhat iffy, and look at his effect on the sport or in this case the Irish situation, what a great story that was, then I can see it.

But the thing is, I don't know you can just say the heat of the Cruz fight cost him further title reign, we think it did, but can we say that for sure?

It's a somewhat iffy pick. Others that have been questioned are Ken Norton, Jose Torres, and Ingemar Johanson (my personal least favorite selection).

Ingo went just 26-2, with a 1-2 record against the only Hall of Famer he ever faced and the two other noteable wins over a young Heny Copper and Eddie Machen. A bit weak if you ask me.