Bundrage wants to tempt Oscar out of retirement

RAZZ-MCFC

Newly-minted IBF junior middleweight champion Cornelius “K-9” Bundrage (30-4, 18 KOs), of Detroit, Michigan has informed Fightnews.com that he would like nothing more than to challenge none other than the Golden Boy himself, Oscar De La Hoya. Oscar has been retired since April 15, 2009, and has not fought since his December 6, 2008 loss to Manny Pacquiao. “This would be a great comeback fight for him. It is a chance for him to go out on top, and who is better than to go out against a champion?” stated Bundrage.

“Oscar loves boxing and he loves the spotlight,” he continued. “I’m not sure if he has been training or not, but I think he will come back to face the K-9. A lot of guys are challenging me now, but they are in my rear view mirror. I am looking through the front window and see the one guy who I look up to and admire, and he is Oscar De La Hoya.”

Bundrage continued, “I fight for Don King, and it is time for Don King and Golden Boy to do some business. I would love to fight the winner of Paul Williams and Sergio Martinez, but right now I am focusing on Oscar.“

“I want Oscar! I want Oscar!”

http://www.fightnews.com/Boxing/bundrage-i-want-oscar-62212?utm_source=rss&utm_medium=rss&utm_campaign=bundrage-i-want-oscar

lol... did he not get the memo that oscar is retired?

funny thing is Oscar would most likely still win mlol/

i was thinking the same thing mlol/

“I want Oscar! I want Oscar!” translates as "I want payday! I want Payday!"

thats the truth. margarito is whining about the same thing.

“I want Oscar! I want Oscar!” translates as "I want payday! I want Payday!"

Absolutely. DLH has been retired for 2 years. K-9 apparently didn't get the Memo, and even worse he's dellusional enough to think this IBF Trinket that he picked up off of Spinks would interest Oscar in anyway. Hey, K-9, News Flash for you, King didn't bring you to St.Louis as anything but an "opponent" for Spinks and to fulfill his mandatory.....that tells you where you rank in the heirarchy of things :)

I suppose that someone with Oscar's ego could always comeback. He may believe like many do that the weight draining was the main reason for his performance against Manny. Oscar could look at someone as limited as Bundrage and see an easy way back. Then if Margarito is beaten by Manny at nearer the Jnr.Middle mark, De La Hoya might try and set up a rematch with Manny at a more comfortable, to make weight. If no Manny then there is always a Floyd rematch.

Ego and Money speak alot in Boxing - its a hard sport to stay away from.

Bundrage handlers like so many more realise that to keep their own fighter in the headlines of boxing they have to associate them with a much more recognisable/bigger name. So, more than likely much ado about nothing.

I suppose that someone with Oscar's ego could always comeback. He may believe like many do that the weight draining was the main reason for his performance against Manny. Oscar could look at someone as limited as Bundrage and see an easy way back. Then if Margarito is beaten by Manny at nearer the Jnr.Middle mark, De La Hoya might try and set up a rematch with Manny at a more comfotable to make weight. If no Manny then there is always a Floyd rematch.

Ego and Money speak alot in Boxing - its a hard sport to stay away from.

Bundrage handlers like so many more realise that to keep their own fighter in the headlines of boxing they have to associate them with a much more recognisable/bigger name. So, more than likely much ado about nothing.

Agreed, it's just K-9 attempting to get some attention by "name dropping" Oscar and I'm sure he realizes there's not chance of luring him out of retirement. I mean, if Oscar came back, it wouldn't be to fight this guy!

Agreed, it's just K-9 attempting to get some attention by "name dropping" Oscar and I'm sure he realizes there's not chance of luring him out of retirement. I mean, if Oscar came back, it wouldn't be to fight this guy!

Dog-sh*t would be a more apt nickname.

lol//

I'm not surprised that Bundrage want to face De La Hoya, as has been said is a matter of money, Oscar would bring a lot of money at Bundrage. Obviously I think this match would not make sense, Oscar retired two years ago and decided he does not seem to come back, and then even in the unlikely event that the Golden Boy had to return to the ring (I hope not) certainly would not do to meet Bundrage.