Split decision on Australian fight of the year

WelshDevilRob

Split decision on fight of the year

The experts have their say on the Green/Jones jnr bout

Jones

Troy Waters - Former world title contender

Experience is the key. It is everything in boxing and Jones has plenty. He is the complete package and there is also history at stake for him.

Jones

Glen Kelly - Former Jones opponent

Danny has a chance but I think Jones is a class above. I can see a lot of the old Roy returning. Green is a roughhouse fighter and if he does that, Jones will get pissed off..

Jones

Sam Soliman - world title contender

Green has a chance because light heavyweight is his natural weight. But Jones is the fastest about, he's a big puncher and will win on points.

Each way

Sakio Bika - IBO world champion

Jones has speed, confidence and the movement to win this fight on points if it goes the distance. Green is powerful and his best chance to win is to knock him out.

Green

Daniel Lane - The Sun-Herald

Jones won't know what hit him. Green's relentless assault will knock him out. Forget the Green that lost to Mundine's speed, he struggled to make weight and was spent by round one.

Jones

Daniel Geale - Former IBO world champion

Jones is one of the greatest ever and Green really has his work cut out for this one. I think it will go the distance and Jones will win the title on points.

Jones

David Birchell - Trainer

Impartially, you'd lean towards Jones. He showed against Jeff Lacy he isn't washed up. I pray Daniel wins. If he stays composed he'll see where he can spring the upset.

Green

Ryan Waters - WBO No.8 junior middleweight

Green is stronger. He looks more comfortable at the weight and he'll be hard to beat in front of his home crowd. I think he will show his full potential.

Each way

Dino Billinghurst - Trainer

My head says Jones by a majority decision, my heart says Green by TKO in the sixth round. Green must pressure him but he needs to be effective and not over-reach.

Jones

Jamie Pittman - world title contender

Jones's experience is crucial. He's fighting for his future bouts. I hope Green wins, and admire him for stepping up, but Jones will win on points.

Source:

www.smh.com.au

Jones wins this then as ive mentioned loses to Hopkins in March. Hopefully he will then retire. A true great and i dont want to remember him by the lacy (latest), Calzaghe and soon do ne Hopkins defeats..

I have two friends in Oz who are going to this, i shall ask them what the atmosphere is like etc, ill see if they will post there views on it