Angry Diaz vows to win

leerhodes

Juan Diaz says the world will "feel his anger" when he takes on Paulie Malignaggi in a rematch next month.

The former three-time world lightweight champion won the pair's first fight on a unanimous points decision back in August, but many felt Malignaggi had done enough to win the bout, which took place in Diaz's home city of Houston.

Speaking ahead of next month's rematch, which this time will take place on neutral territory in Chicago, Diaz said he was relishing proving he is the better fighter.

He also said there were reasons for his disappointing display in Houston.

"To be honest, fighting Paulie after coming off fighting Future Hall of Famer Juan Manuel Marquez, I was not taking Paulie seriously and thought it was just another fight," Diaz said.

"This time, it's personal, and on December 12, the whole world will feel my anger."

Malignaggi, himself a former world champion at light-welterweight - the weight this fight will take place at, is looking forward to gaining revenge.

"I'm really happy I got the rematch. I made enough of a stink after the first fight to help get me the rematch.

"We are going to clear everything up on December 12."

The New Yorker added: "The reason this fight is so great is the boxing styles. Juan is a pressure fighter and I'm a defensive boxer, so it makes for a great show where you sit back and wait to see who can execute their game plan better."

I'm leaning towards Diaz winning this one. Paulie put in a good effort last time, but I feel it might have been the last throw of the dice for him. I think Diaz may have taken him too lightly last time out thinking it would just be a matter of time before he caught up with him. Another decision for Diaz for me, but with him looking a lot better in getting it.