David Haye: next five fights

The_budweiser

1. John Ruiz (44 wins, 8 defeats, 1 draw, 30 KO's)

American Ruiz is Haye's mandatory challenger, having stepped away from a rematch with Valuev to fight the winner of Saturday's contest. Ruiz, who was beaten by Valuev (watch YouTube) on a split decision in 2008, returned to the ring after a 15-month lay-off to stop journeyman Adnan Serin on the undercard in Germany.

2. Audley Harrison (26 wins, 4 defeats, 19 KO's)

Olympic gold medallist Harrison, 38, has disappointed consistently in the professional ranks, although his victory in the recent Prize Fighter series restored some credibility. However, as an anti-hero for British fight fans, a match-up with Haye would put bums on seats and, as a promotion at least, rank among the great domestic heavyweight battles, alongside Henry Cooper-Joe Bugner and Lennox Lewis-Frank Bruno.

3. Nikolai Valuev (50 wins, 2 defeats, 1 NC, 34 KO's)

Two comeback victories would put Valuev, 36, back in the frame for a re-match with Haye, this time on British soil to give home fans a close-up look at the colossal 'Beast from the East'. Having already comfortably outpointed and shaken Valuev, Haye would be confident of a repeat performance to set up him for a crack at unifying the heavyweight title against the Klitschko brothers.

4. Wladimir Klitschko (53 wins, 3 defeats, 47 KO's)

The IBF, WBO, IBO and Ring Magazine title holder, 33, has reclaimed his seat at the big table with four stoppage wins since a shocking two-round defeat to South African Corrie Sanders in March 2008. Haye had hoped to repeat the havoc caused by Sanders' left hand against the 6ft 5in younger of the Klitschko brothers during the summer, but withdrew from the fight with a back injury. Known to some for his appearance against Lennox Lewis in the film Ocean's Eleven, Wladimir, like his older brother, is a methodical, safety-first operator whose physical strength and ring presence has been enough to see off most in the division.

5. Vitali Klitschko (38 wins, 2 defeats, 37 KO's)

Known as Dr Ironfist, thanks to the PhD in sports science he holds in addition to the WBC heavyweight belt, Vitali Klitschko returned to the ring in 2008 following a three-year hiatus. His ramrod jab and clubbing punching power has earned him a formidable stoppage record (ask Danny Williams) but arguably his finest hour came in the 2003 defeat to Lennox Lewis, when, leading the undisputed champion on points, he was forced to retire after six rounds with a deep cut over his eye. At 38, though, is time catching up on the 6ft 7in behemoth?

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/othersports/boxingandmma/6531101/David-Haye-next-five-fights-for-Britains-world-heavyweight-champion.html

I reckon Solis will be in there somewhere myself,he had an easy win over Monte Barrett and he is an up and coming HW with a few wins under the belt...he could be deserving of getting a shot by then!

I know hes promoted in Germany but not sure of the promoter? If its Sauerland then its a real possibility if not then it won't be happening anytime soon.

I reckon Solis will be in there somewhere myself,he had an easy win over Monte Barrett and he is an up and coming HW with a few wins under the belt...he could be deserving of getting a shot by then!

I know hes promoted in Germany but not sure of the promoter? If its Sauerland then its a real possibility if not then it won't be happening anytime soon.

I was thinking Ruiz then probably rematch with Valuev, Solis then the Klits, if all goes well with solis it would probably be 18 months away if it were to happen anyways mate!

He'd have a mandatory a rematch and a Prospect...seems about right to me!

I was thinking Ruiz then probably rematch with Valuev, Solis then the Klits, if all goes well with solis it would probably be 18 months away if it were to happen anyways mate!

He'd have a mandatory a rematch and a Prospect...seems about right to me!

Solis is a good call and definitely a fight I want to see. I personally think a Klitschko fight is some way off now as too many interested parties.(promoters).

Solis and say Adamek after Ruiz would be great. I'm just hoping Haye is gonna want to be a busy champion.

I think it will be a case of Ruiz in the UK then someone in the US and then try and make a Klitschko fight.

I think he'll definitely do more than struggle with Vitali. He'll be lucky to last half way. I think thats why Schaffer is making all these noises about $120 million dollars, cos he knows that will be as far as Haye goes. Vitali is big like, Valuev, but he aint a plum. His jab will land, and it will snap Haye's head back like a twig, leaving him time, and room to throw the big right hand, then its goodnight David, it was nice meeting you.

Audley??? Mate you been smoking.

Okay i can actually see that fight happening if 2 things happen:

Audley suddenly gets the public support again by a string of exciting victories. He defeats Danny Williams and Sam Sexton to claim British and Commonwealth title. Throw in a European Title and he should move up in rankings enough for him to fight someone like Hasim Rahman, James Toney or Sam Peter.

Audley needs to fight some American established fighters to get people to take notice of him again. For the last 4 years he has been going around in a circle fighting British fighters for the domestic belts without success. Williams is on the way out and a rematch with these two is probably on the cards. I think Audley should try to get Jameel McLine to come out and fight him or Taurus Sykes. These would be comfortable wins and get him on American soil again.

i really think arreola would be a good opponent for haye. it would be an interesting fight and haye would have to work for that win. he shouldnt rush to get to the klitschkos....he just needs a bit more experience in the heavyweight division. otherwise the same thing will happen to him as the rest when they faced the brothers.