Riddick Bowe vs. the Klitschkos

grapevine241

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
As a career in aggregate Bowe probably is overated, just because he unfulfilled so much of his immense talenyt, but when he was 'switched on'- and motivated, like he'd be if it was a prime Bowe, he could be pretty devestating.

Riddick Bowe versuse Jorge Luis Ganzales is instructive for me in these matchups, it shows what he could do to a bigger guy when 'on'- and I dont think the Klitchso's are all that special at all. Mostly they hide behind their physical tools- not an option against Bowe, and at least Bowe when he was 'on' would willingly get in on in the trenches (Gonzales, Holyfield I) and deploy his excellent inside arsenal.

I wonder in Manny Steward's on record with any comments???

P.S.- do people really think Bowe was 'scared' of the 1992-1995 version of Lennox Lewis, if so, why. I know he tossed the WBC strap when he won the unified title of Holyfield, but wasn't that a Rock Newman move against Don King and Jose Suleiman. Just curious why people say this,...

------ Must've missed all this immense talent Bowe had, but most assuredly he's way closer to Gonzalez than he is to the Klitschkos in talent and performance.

Talk about a guy hiding behind his size, he was the walking stereotype of the big dummy in school. He never challenged any of the era big dogs except the unproven Golota who exposed his talent as nonexistent other than a decent chin to take a good whack.

No, Bowe was too stupid to be scared of Lewis, but under the Rock Newman wanted to protect his gravy train for as long as it remained on the rails, which weren't long.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Bowe was an overrated yellow pant-crapper.

Lewis would have killed him WHENEVER they fought, but Bowe was so terrified of Lennox the fight never happened.

That's the ONLY true reason they never boxed in the pro's. Riddick's oversized arse went all squirty whenever Lennox's name was mentioned.

• 4 weeks later...
To this day only Holyfield managed to beat Bowe, but lets me honest. He was on his way to losing to Golota twice and should have been disqualified Vs Buster Mathis. Bowe had his share of fortunate escapes in his career for sure.

• 1 month later...

Bowe for sure...the klitchko,s wouldnt even get mentioned if there were a few heavyweights around with a little capability..they are both ponderous...terrible stamina...far from pretty to watch..infact the last time i bothered watching one of their fights was the Lewis fight..i must be totally missing what the attraction is.

i will make an exception if Haye grows some balls and actually goes through with fighting one of them..just to see him get knocked out...which is an almost certainty.

• 2 months later...