Kell gutted at missing out!

mofo2

BRITISH welterweight champion Kell Brook hopes his title defence against Michael Jennings will be rescheduled “very quickly” after pulling out of the fight with a virus.

The Sheffield youngster had been due to defend his belt at the ECHO Arena on Friday against former WBO title challenger Jennings.

However, a recent illness has forced him out while Jennings will tick over with a non-title eight-rounder against Hungarian Laszlo Komjathi.

Undefeated 23-year-old Brook, the 2009 boxing writers’ young boxer of the year, said: “I’m gutted that I won’t be part of what will be a very big fight night in Liverpool.

“I came down with the virus after collecting my boxing writers’ award in London last week.

“Since then I haven’t been able to move let alone train and there’s no way I was going to fight a top fighter like Jennings in this state.

“I was really looking forward to defending my British title but I hope that the fight with Jennings will be back on very quickly.”

Yeah ive been thinking that myself Gemmell.. Gutted as i wont be at that one and it should be a good fight

yep frank nw's khan vs salita wont sell many ppv's so that's why he is bringing in alot of big domestic title fights.should be a great night of boxing.brook by ko mid rounds

• 2 weeks later...