Hopkins announces opponent for December bout

WelshDevilRob

Bernard Hopkins is returning to the ring Dec. 2 in his hometown of Philadelphia to fight Enrique Ornelas.

Hopkins hopes the light heavyweight bout leads to a long-anticipated rematch with Roy Jones Jr. early next year.

The 44-year-old Hopkins (49-5-1, 32 KOs) hasn’t fought since dominating Kelly Pavlik in October 2008, but has no plans to retire. He intends to warm up against Ornelas, (29-5 19 KOs), who has lost three of his last seven fights, before finalizing a deal to fight Jones.

On the same day Hopkins fights Ornelas, Jones will fight cruiserweight Danny Green in Australia.

If both veterans win their bouts, Hopkins’ promoter says Hopkins and Jones will meet early in 2010 in a rematch of Jones’ unanimous decision victory over Hopkins 16 years ago.

http://sports.yahoo.com/box/news?

i've waited for so long for the jones-hopkins rematch. I like both of them... but i would go for jones.

Cant see it myself, the fight is going to be nothing like when they fought in their primes thats for sure.

As for jones winning what makes you think that pal? Who has jones beat recently that gives you the impression he could handle Bhop?

Please dont say Lacy as my nan could of beat that bodybag. Whereas Bhop beat a very strong Pavlik..

Bhop wins for me

Hopkins announces opponent for December bout

theirs alot of hype surrounding a so called rematch after the calzaghe bout in november, who do you think will win if it does happen, because i think well be able to see depending on how jnr handles calzaghe but there both 2 of me all time faves their jst so fantastic and have some of the best natural abilitie and boxing brains around, ill take a risk and say hopkins WPTS12, wat do you think?

Re: Hopkins announces opponent for December bout

theirs alot of hype surrounding a so called rematch after the calzaghe bout in november, who do you think will win if it does happen, because i think well be able to see depending on how jnr handles calzaghe but there both 2 of me all time faves their jst so fantastic and have some of the best natural abilitie and boxing brains around, ill take a risk and say hopkins WPTS12, wat do you think?

Unless I'm reading your post incorrectly you are 11 mmonths too late. Joe Cal already handled Jr with ease in November last year. lol//

This is for me also a very very interesting fight :-) What I love about this fight is if Jones should beat Hopkins he will get all the honor Hopkins has built up.

Styles make fights and Roy has the confidence of beating up Hopkins which also helps alot.

Roy will again fly high :-)

To be honest I would love Roy to pull this one off. He could retire proud and happy and a world champ from middleweight to heavyweight (amazing) and look back as one of the greats !!! Of course this will probably not be the case and Roy will probably get knocked out by a new up and comer again :-(