Edison Miranda Update

WelshDevilRob

Edison ‘Pantera’ Miranda wants to show how serious he is in reaching the next level: moving out of his home in Puerto Rico and enlisting the services of one of the most respected and dedicated trainers in the world today. So, that’s just what Miranda has done by moving to Van Nuys, CA (2 blocks from the gym) and jumping into a dedicated and hard-working training regime with Joe Goossen. Together for three months, both Joe and Edison are extremely pleased with the progress and the high prospects for the future.

Miranda (32-4, 28 KO’s) has had a bright career thus far but came short each time he fought the big fights. His losses have come to current world champions Arthur Abraham (twice, albeit the first one being very controversial) and Kelly Pavlik as well as top ranked gold medalist Andre Ward. These three fighters have only one loss between them. Miranda clearly has had enough talent to get him to the big fights, but there was always something missing to win them. This led to seeking out one of the most experienced coaches in the sport to mend this shortcoming.

“In just two months, I’ve added a whole new dimension to my knockout power” said Miranda. Joe has taught me things that I simply have never been taught before. It’s all coming so natural to me, and I feel like a new and much improved fighter. I believe Joe is the final part to fulfilling my dream of becoming a world champion.”

Miranda joins a long list of world-class champions that have trained under the watchful eye of Joe Goossen including world champions such as Diego Corrales, Joel Casamayor, Michael Nunn, Gabriel and Rafael Ruelas, and Shane Mosley.

“Miranda has an athleticism that I never knew existed.” Goossen said about his new protégé. “He always looked dangerous to me, but I never looked at him as a world class athlete. So, when I started working with him in the gym, I found an athlete in hiding. He has exceeded all expectations for whatever I set before him and is possibly the quickest study I’ve ever had. I believe Miranda now has what it takes to become a champion and dominate his division.”

Goossen added “When people come in the gym and see Edison they have a hard time computing that this is the same Edison Miranda they have seen so many times on TV. He is a completely changed fighter, and everyone is eager to see him display his new skills.”

Miranda’s next fight will be against Francisco Sierra (20-2, 19 KO’s) on October 22nd at the Tachi Palace in CA.

www.fightnews.com

What of your fav boxers eh Rob? He just never seems to have that final bit to get him there. Perhaps the change in trainer ect will do him good and he can reach his potentail. Im not convinved though but we'll wait and see

I really enjoy watching him fight apart from last time out when he was incredibly lethargic (he seemed to be fighting on empty against Ward)

Hopefully Goosen can instill a more professional approach. Miranda is raw but has the skills. His biggest downfall is ballooning to 220lbs inbetween fights.

His opponent seems to be abit of a puncher so it could be a highly entertaining fight.