Tonight! Caleb Plant vs. Vincent Feigenbutz. Who ya' pickin ?

Cableaddict

A classic "bull vs matador" fight.

I like Plant a LOT. He's really fun to watch. Skilled, athletic, and downright playful in the ring. As I've said in the past, he's not unlike a prime RJJ, although against a miuch lower level of competition.

- But I hope Plant doesn't play around tonight. Hard-hitting Feigenbutz isn't very skilled, but he always starts hard and keeps up the pressure. Not a guy you want to fool around with or take for granted.

IMO Plant should win, even win easily, if he doesn't do something stupid. However, I was reminded today of Mike The Bounty Hunter, (RIP) who had similar skills but who's career never panned out. I think Hunter's main problem was exactly that he fooled around too much in the ring. I can see Plant possibly making the same mistakes.

Tonight will tell us a lot.

As I've said in the past, he's not unlike a prime RJJ

Oh yes I remember, we all had a good laugh :haha:

No but I like Plant too, I think and expect him to get the job done tonight but I don't think he's the best in the division so I expect his reign to come to an end once he attempts to unify.

Plant inside the distance for me.

The rest of the card truly sucks, but I think it's a great matchup, even if there are more accomplished fighters Plant could have faced.

Feigenbutz is at least as credible as Mike Lee was.

Plant is facing a semi-skilled but VERY dangerous opponent. How he approaches this fight, not just if he wins, will answer a lot of questions. If he controls VF like he controlled Uzcataguie, it should finally silence his many doubters. If he loses, well ....

And the same for Feigenbutz. He's raw, but exciting a hell, and being only 24 y-o, it's possible that he'll have improved his skills since his last fight, which was 6 months ago. If he can do what the equally hard-hitting Lee & Medina failed to do, then that's a huge statement.

Heck, this might be a good fight on which to put a little money on the underdog, given the great odds.

What's not to like here?

Edited by Cableaddict

Haterz gonna' hate!

lol ......

I like Plant. Far from a hater as could be. But he isn't the next RJJ. Looking forward to some unification in the division now.

vlcsnap-2020-02-16-08h17m47s925.jpg

2020-02-15 PBC on FOX posted here as 3 indiv fights 720p@60fps HD

https://www.koboxingforum.com/forum/ko-boxing-forum/boxing-downloads/347-massive-collection-of-fights-recent-fights?p=968144#post968144

I like Plant. Far from a hater as could be. But he isn't the next RJJ. Looking forward to some unification in the division now.

vlcsnap-2020-02-16-08h17m47s925.jpg

2020-02-15 PBC on FOX posted here as 3 indiv fights 720p@60fps HD

https://www.koboxingforum.com/forum/ko-boxing-forum/boxing-downloads/347-massive-collection-of-fights-recent-fights?p=968144#post968144

LOL I wondered what was going on there for a minute and then remebered it's PBC tripe yet again. Funnily enough Saunders is the one I give Plant the best chance against so they might want to revise their narrative and make it happen. Not to say I'm right though, maybe he could clear out the division and reign supreme but I haven't got a lot to base that on thus far.

Plant called out Benavidez after his win last night too though so fair play, would be a good good fight but I can't see past a Benavidez victory if I'm honest, still, let's get it on for sure!

Well, I think it's great that he's stopped his showboating. Hasn't done that nonsense for a few fights now.

It would have probably cost him as he stepped up in competition.

This division is SMOKING right now. Let's hope we actually get the big fights. - And Canelo maybe in the mix, as well.

Edited by Cableaddict

--- Where is GGG in this faery land mix?

Absolutely nowhere - wrong promoters. (Actually no promoter, only himself). Plus he's a MW belt holder, not SMW. ;-)

Ginger says he's also "never returning to 160" so there'll be no III, either.

And add this: GGG hasn't got the balls to fight Boo-Boo, 'mall, HyMee or give Derevyanchenko a rematch. Watch this space for a retirement announcement in 2020.

--- Signed a huge contract with Eddie, so guarantee he fights someone.

Butz getting planted sure ain't gonna dissuade him.

Not quite accurate. His promotion company, 'GGG Boxing' (i.e himself) has signed a joint deal with Matchroom. Not quite the same thing as being signed to Matchroom...

And a quick look at the news tells us Golovcan is going to 'fight' the unbeaten Kamil Szeremeta 21(5)-0-0 next ! In a fight that was originally touted for this month but has been moved to March, then April and now May (source Barry Holbrook). Although nothing is showing on Boxrec yet.

Will it be the Steve Rolls and the Szeremeta fights that secure Golovcan his IBHOF place in a few years ? What little credibility Golovcan had is slipping away fast down the pan.

Unfortunately I think Golovkin has really dwindled in terms interest in his career now. Was good while it lasted, but I think he could easily just have a few more fights to make a little bit of money and quietly disappear. Hard to see him making any kind of splash at this stage. He's had a good career.
  • Like 1

......Plant called out Benavidez after his win last night too though so fair play, would be a good good fight but I can't see past a Benavidez victory if I'm honest, still, let's get it on for sure!

You guys know how much I like Benavidez, but in truth he isn't much more proven than Plant. He has a lot more pro fights, but only two decent names on his resume. Also, I don't like what I've been seeing in Benavidez's last few fights. Compared to the brilliant prospect of a few years ago, he looks rather lethargic and even sloppy. I can't just shrug and say it's due to ring rust. That's lousy training.

Another thing is, despite his average KO percentage, Plant seems to hit REALLY hard. You can just hear it.

Maybe he's be improving this recently, I dunno, but he seems more dangerous to me than Dirrel.

They BOTH look like potential future world-class to me. (Assuming Benavidez can get his fire back.) This would be a dream fight if it happens.

Edited by Cableaddict

Plant shamelessly ducks Clenelo for May 2 and throws $7m down the toilet pan...citing not enough time for an 8wk camp :noidea: and Golden Boy only want him cos he'll be overtrained.

He wont earn $7m for the entire remainder of his career.

Plant shamelessly ducks Clenelo for May 2 and throws $7m down the toilet pan...citing not enough time for an 8wk camp :noidea: and Golden Boy only want him cos he'll be overtrained.

He wont earn $7m for the entire remainder of his career.

Disappointing, but to be fair, he needs more high level experience before facing the Gingican ped-ophile.

I'd much rather see Clenelo clash with the winner of Plant - Benavidez, should THAT fight ever actually happen.

• Like 1

• 2 years later...