Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Special Poll: Fighter of the Decade (2010- 2019)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Good grief.....I don't even like the man, but it's clear as day Floyd has been mr boxing for pretty much the entire 21st century never minds just the last decade. Manny runs him a close second, but it's a no brainer.
    No one comes close. Loma and Canelo will be the men for the decade 2015-2025 though.

Comment

Originally posted by Ton View Post
      Good grief.....I don't even like the man, but it's clear as day Floyd has been mr boxing for pretty much the entire 21st century never minds just the last decade. Manny runs him a close second, but it's a no brainer.
      No one comes close. Loma and Canelo will be the men for the decade 2015-2025 though.
      And that is the final word? LOL! YOUR OPINION MATE! Mr Boxing my ass. Nobody but Flomos liked his way of fighting since he became a welter.

Comment

Mayweather hands down.

I just wish Mayweather-Pacquiao took place years before it took place. The fans should of had a triology of that fight while both where in their prime and we would of all spoke about if for many years but now were just left with, what if?

Comment

Originally posted by BoztheMadman View Post

And that is the final word? LOL! YOUR OPINION MATE! Mr Boxing my ass. Nobody but Flomos liked his way of fighting since he became a welter.
          It is just an opinion yes, but my claim is kind of backed up by the fact he made all that money with PPV events, crossover to WWE and then these more recent novelty events which probably generated more than 99% of currently active top boxers purses. Oh and he beat everyone he faced including the next man in line for the fighter of the decade and the man people could actually put number 3 in that list also.

Comment

Originally posted by Ton View Post

It is just an opinion yes, but my claim is kind of backed up by the fact he made all that money with PPV events, crossover to WWE and then these more recent novelty events which probably generated more than 99% of currently active top boxers purses. Oh and he beat everyone he faced including the next man in line for the fighter of the decade and the man people could actually put number 3 in that list also.
            So, now MONEY is one of the main factors in judging a fighter's legacy??

Comment

OK, maybe this will help. Remember, it's not a Fighter of the Century or Fighter of the Year poll, but the decade specified.

Floyd Mayweather 10-0-0
              Click image for larger version  Name:	FMJ.JPG Views:	0 Size:	64.0 KB ID:	967337

Saul Alvarez 23-1-1
              Click image for larger version  Name:	Canelo pt1.JPG Views:	0 Size:	62.7 KB ID:	967338Click image for larger version  Name:	Canelo pt2.JPG Views:	0 Size:	62.5 KB ID:	967340 Click image for larger version  Name:	Canelo pt3.JPG Views:	0 Size:	82.2 KB ID:	967339

Manny Pacquaio 12-4-0
              Click image for larger version  Name:	Manny Pt1.JPG Views:	0 Size:	62.0 KB ID:	967341 Click image for larger version  Name:	Manny Pt2.JPG Views:	0 Size:	72.5 KB ID:	967342

Perhaps I'll close the poll early and get on with it since we have a good few votes and I haven't added mine yet (because I'm having trouble deciding).

Comment

Originally posted by selij View Post
                You can't BE the man if you ain't beat the man. Simple logic my old mate.

You 'aint beat the man if it wasn't a real fight.

Comment

OK so I asked this the day I heard Shane Mosley say that Saul Alvarez should have won FOTD over Floyd Mayweather.

My immediate reaction was to call him a hater and switch off the video mid-sentence as I didn't see how it could not be Mayweather particularly as he beat Canelo. But then I realised I couldn't actually remember how much of the decade Floyd was fighting so I looked into it and he actually fought Berto in 2015 meaning he only fought for half the decade. So, with that in mind the question becomes, did he do more in 5 years than Canelo or Pacquiao did in 9?

For me that just cannot be the case, wins over Berto, Guerrero and Ortiz aren't enough for me to push aside a fighter who fought more than twice the number of fighters and beat the likes of Lara, Golovkin and Kovalev in what has been a fantastic decade for the Mexican.

I don't say there are any wrong answers to the question as it is all about opinions but looking at the objective data the hardest thing for me to see is how Pacquaio could get it so I agree with Cableaddict on this one and I was too hasty to shoot down Mosley, in the end it seems I agree.

Thanks for your votes, it was great to hear everyone's point of view and arguments too.

Comment

--- voted For Manny-set unbreakable Ring p4p records-shut out two of the most avoided fighters to open 2010, Clottey/Marg-literally knocked the snot out of young, undefeated wunderkind to close the decade, all while serving in the Filipino congress.

No brainer FOTD

Comment

Joe Calzaghe springs to mind :)

Comment

Originally posted by LondonRingRules View Post
                        --- voted For Manny-set unbreakable Ring p4p records-shut out two of the most avoided fighters to open 2010, Clottey/Marg-literally knocked the snot out of young, undefeated wunderkind to close the decade, all while serving in the Filipino congress.

No brainer FOTD
                        Yeah I don't think I gave Clottey a round if I remember rightly. Lost to Horn though who later got stopped by Bud and then Zerafa, some say Pac was robbed but I disagree, I thought Horn did enough though only because Pac looked past him and then ended up having to chase the fight.

Comment

Originally posted by WelshDevilRob View Post
                          Joe Calzaghe springs to mind :)
                          I don't get it

Comment

Originally posted by Undefeated View Post

I don't get it
                            Won 19 fights in the 2000's. Never lost and is down as the Greatest Super Middleweight of all-time.

Comment

Originally posted by WelshDevilRob View Post

Won 19 fights in the 2000's. Never lost and is down as the Greatest Super Middleweight of all-time.
                              Calzaghe is actually my favourite fighter funnily enough, I mean of all time (which usually draws raised eyebrows lol) I know he wasn't the greatest to ever have laced them up but he's my guy, definitely on the short list for the prize in the previous decade, 100%!

Comment

Originally posted by Undefeated View Post

Calzaghe is actually my favourite fighter funnily enough, I mean of all time (which usually draws raised eyebrows lol) I know he wasn't the greatest to ever have laced them up but he's my guy, definitely on the short list for the prize in the previous decade, 100%!
                                Tongue-in-cheek from me, mate. I'm Welsh but I know he's not in the running due to the long list of WBO style contenders. He finished it all strong though and a few good wins at the beginning like Eubank, Mitchell, Brewer and Sheika. But, he was part of Frank Warren's dominant years and plenty of unknown contenders.

Comment

Working...
                                X