Any Brits Interested in Parker vs Ryder?

LondonRingRules

Maybe, I've been working too hard but not seen much on this fight. It's all the potential to be a British classic. I'm off work, so will be watching it. Got the time off to follow Wales at the World Cup - got USA today. 64 years since we've been at a World Cup. In the same group as USA, Iran and England. 🙂

• Thanks 1

Lot of ups and downs for Ryder. Strong showings in losing causes to Saunders and Callum. Finally one fell his way vs Jacobs, a top 10 opponent and well deserved. Parker's been knocking guys out including a couple decent fringe guys in Murdock and Vaughn Alexander. We pretty much know what Ryder is. Relentless pressure and strong as an ox. Parker's not exactly a young pup. Got 22 fights and been pro over seven years. A bit concerning he hasn't fought in over a year; for Ryder it's been nine months. I think it's a sensible step up in comp and good timing for Parker to get this shot. He's been brought along at a healthy pace. The winner of this should near - though not at - the front of the queue to challenge Canelo. If Benavidez-Plant comes off, there's your top contender.

Shame we didn't get to see Parker's full potential. He's a free-form puncher; fundamentals aren't exactly sound. Switches stances way too much; more firepower as a right-hander. Brittle hands are concerning - and may be unfixable - especially for a fighter who relies on power.

We know what we're gonna get from Ryder and he was starting to get to Parker in rounds 4 and 5. Canelo's plans are a May fight then rematch Bivol in September. Although he's not the champ (175), Canelo's enough of a star to be the shot-caller. If this makes Ryder the WBO mandatory, may as well get that out of the way on Cinco de Mayo then it's Bivol II, but I'd rather see Canelo vs the Benavidez-Plant winner assuming all those pieces fall into place.

4 hours ago, Ledhed1 said:

(175), Canelo's enough of a star to be the shot-caller. If this makes Ryder the WBO mandatory, may as well get that out of the way on Cinco de Mayo then it's Bivol II, but I'd rather see Canelo vs the Benavidez-Plant winner assuming all those pieces fall into place.

--- Condensing the obvious, I'm going for El Charro Fiera Bena/Canelo, a near guaranteed war of the year.

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...