Does Prince Naseem Hamed Deserve to be in the Hall of Fame?

grapevine241

Does Prince Naseem Hamed Deserve to be in the Hall of Fame?  

1. 1. Does Prince Naseem Hamed Deserve to be in the Hall of Fame?

• Yes
    • No

Naz was eligible for the HOF last year but wasn't voted in. Do you think his accomplishments make him worthy of a place in canastota?

i say yes. he beat many quality fighters at featherweight, is probably one of the top 25 greatest featherweights of all time, is probably one of the top 10 british fighters of all time (from an american perspective), his only loss is to an all-time great barrera. that being said, he did only fight once after the barrera loss, which is a negative.

hes definitely greater that barry mcguigan (who's somehow in the HOF.... wtf)

but i think what secures his spot beyond ring accomplishments is the fact that he opened up the smaller weight classes to masses.

i know a lot of boxing writers hated naz, and he probably lost some votes for the car crash scandal... but IMO he should be in the HOF

I'd say yes on his overall career. I'm not happy with the way Barrera dealt with him so easily, and as far as McGuigan goes I'd also say that not many of Hameds opponents were of the quality of Juan LaPorte, or Pedrosa, but yes induct him by all means.

i totally agree any fighter that unifies a world title bongs in the hall of fame in my book.

and he didnt run from any of the other featherweight contenders.

well he ducked marquez... but yeah i hope naz gets voted in this year

he ducked freitas as well!!!! naz couldnt tie mcguigans boots, the calibre of opponent wasnt as good as mcguigans, and he just wasnt a good ambassador for the sport in the way mcguigan was, and when he came up against a real high quality test, he got beat good.

You gotta be taking the piss mlol/

Barry was'nt even in the same arena as Hamed when it came to fighting ability...thats such bollocks I won't even waste my time quantifying my point mlol/

barry had more heart than naz, im not saying naz wasnt a good fighter, he was, and i think your language leaves alot to be desired

Barry was'nt even in the same arena as Hamed when it came to fighting ability...thats such bollocks I won't even waste my time quantifying my point mlol/

In fairness the only time Naz was called upon to have a fight, like McGuigan often did, he was clueless which is why Barrera made him look a chump. Knocking over bugs and earwigs is not the same as fighting elite men. Billy Hardy, and Steve Johnson, or how about Tom Johnson? With respect McGuigans sparring partners were of a higher calibre. lol//

yes

Yes Naseem Hamed should be in the hall of fame,yes he did bring his own downfall but his record speaks for himself.

As for Mcguigan been in the same class as Naz u have to be joking.How many times did McGUIGAN DEFEND his title compared to Naz.Yes McGuigan beat a great champion in pedroza but in my opinion he was coming to the end of his career

i think your language leaves alot to be desired

Are you for real........ or fucking eleven mlol/

I'm a fan of Barry he was a great Champion,fighter and a great man...but to even compare him to Hamed is retarded mlol/ lol//

In fairness the only time Naz was called upon to have a fight, like McGuigan often did, he was clueless which is why Barrera made him look a chump. Knocking over bugs and earwigs is not the same as fighting elite men. Billy Hardy, and Steve Johnson, or how about Tom Johnson? With respect McGuigans sparring partners were of a higher calibre. lol//

Are you for real or as I suspecty talking about something you clearly have no knowledge of.... except for information attained by Youtube or Boxrec lol//

He fought the only quality that was there at the time and comortably beat them...what more could he do? The lad was one of the most naturally gifted boxers I have seen and to imply anything else lol// lol// lol//

Are you for real or as I suspecty talking about something you clearly have no knowledge of.... except for information attained by Youtube or Boxrec lol//

He fought the only quality that was there at the time and comortably beat them...what more could he do? The lad was one of the most naturally gifted boxers I have seen and to imply anything else lol// lol// lol//

I think maybe you confuse knowledge with opinion ( yours ) as the person in your avatar was very much the same. An opinionated person that thought he was an intellectual.

For instance I was at Highbury when Ali fought Cooper. You may or may not have read about it, but if you have, other than me actually hearing the punches land, I wouldn't assume to have more knowledge about the fight than you or anyone else.

I believe Hamed came up against a class operator and was found wanting. McGuigan came up against more of them and didn't lose to them all. Therein lies the difference. Your, or anyone elses opinions of fighters are of no interest to me whatsoever. No more than mine are to anyone, either.

You move away from a ridiculous comment comparing Barry to Nas mlol/ by throwing in an Ali comment that has no baring what so ever on the debate and pop in an insult for good measure mlol/

You could have been in the same arena to SEE Marciano have his nose split in two and heard the punches land, but you have still no credibility in a post that puts Barry ahead of Hamed...its so ridiculous i'm laughing as I post mlol/

As a side issue....I have had a picture of Barry as my Avatar on various sites for years as i'm a fan of his only recently changed to Chris....as for the fact no-ones opinion matters to you what so ever about fighters.....why post on a forum when we are here to do just that.

.BECAUSE THAT CLEARLY IS A SIGN OF A PERSON WHO THINKS HE IS MORE INTELLECTUAL THAN THE REST AND IS CLEARLY NOT! mlol/

You move away from a ridiculous comment comparing Barry to Nas mlol/ by throwing in an Ali comment that has no baring what so ever on the debate and pop in an insult for good measure mlol/

You could have been in the same arena to SEE Marciano have his nose split in two and heard the punches land, but you have still no credibility in a post that puts Barry ahead of Hamed...its so ridiculous i'm laughing as I post mlol/

As a side issue....I have had a picture of Barry as my Avatar on various sites for years as i'm a fan of his only recently changed to Chris....as for the fact no-ones opinion matters to you what so ever about fighters.....why post on a forum when we are here to do just that.

.BECAUSE THAT CLEARLY IS A SIGN OF A PERSON WHO THINKS HE IS MORE INTELLECTUAL THAN THE REST AND IS CLEARLY NOT! mlol/

Pot meet kettle lol//

I've noticed in this thread you have effed and blinded at posters who dont agree with your over inflated ego, and just like a playground bully, you cry about insults.

Furthermore I dont care less what you think. Your pathetic attempts to portray Hamed as the best thing since sliced bread are a figment of your imagination. Nothing more.

Ladies laides lets keep the debates to boxing eh. rules2//

We have a ring section where you can argue to your hearts content but lets keep the insults off the main boards.. We are a new and growing forum, we dont want to put new members off posting due to being scared of being anialated..

Cheers

Tom Johnson was the IBF title holder when they fought. Naz was only around 21 ish when he beat robinson for a version of the world title, put that into perspective against the kind of opponents most 21 year old prospects are facing and it doesnt look that bad does it. Kevin Kelly, Wilfredo Vazquez? THey may have been past there best years but good fighters never the less. Naz unified the belts albeit not technically due to politics, but you cant blame the man for the quality of champions in his division. He was awsome in his prime, unfortunatly down to his lifestyle/personality that prime was very short lived.

IMO he should be in the hall of fame judging by the standards set by some of the people in there, although I personally think the standards for entry are to low

Pot meet kettle lol//

I've noticed in this thread you have effed and blinded at posters who dont agree with your over inflated ego, and just like a playground bully, you cry about insults.

Furthermore I dont care less what you think. Your pathetic attempts to portray Hamed as the best thing since sliced bread are a figment of your imagination. Nothing more.

Cry about insults and effed and blinded like a playground bully...are you Mary poppins disguised as a man lol// I don't care that someone swears or disagrees with me its the internet and sign that someone has conviction in there belief..its debate being stirred and contested lol//

As for believing Hamed was a Great boxer...he undoubtedly was...we can debate on what level he was at, but certainly not that he was quality!! I just happen to believe he's a fighter that is given little credit!!

Tom Johnson was the IBF title holder when they fought. Naz was only around 21 ish when he beat robinson for a version of the world title, put that into perspective against the kind of opponents most 21 year old prospects are facing and it doesnt look that bad does it. Kevin Kelly, Wilfredo Vazquez? THey may have been past there best years but good fighters never the less. Naz unified the belts albeit not technically due to politics, but you cant blame the man for the quality of champions in his division. He was awsome in his prime, unfortunatly down to his lifestyle/personality that prime was very short lived.

IMO he should be in the hall of fame judging by the standards set by some of the people in there, although I personally think the standards for entry are to low

And i would respectfully suggest that any or all of the above were not in Juan La Porte's league at the time McGuigan fought him. Losing to the likes of Salvador Sanchez, Wilfredo Gomez, and Pedrosa, is certainly no disgrace. Particularly if you look at the company some of Naz's victims lost to. I just don't see the perverted logic that says Hamed is a shoo in if Barry McG is in there. He's there on his own merit or he isn't.

Apart from that, any backslapping club that lets pond life like Don King into it shouldn't be taken seriously in the first place. mlol/