Bivol vs Ramirez - Who takes it?

WelshDevilRob

Dmitrii Bivol (20-0, 11 KOs) vs Gilberto Ramirez (44-0, 30 Kos). Who wins?
Date: 5th November 2022
Venue: Etihad Arena, Abu Dhabi
Titles: WBA 'Super' World Light Heavy

Mexican Ramirez, 31, is a former WBO Super Middleweight champion. Been a professional since 2009. At Light Heavyweight he's beaten Alfonso Lopez, Sullivan Barrera, Yunieski Gonzalez and Dominic Boesel. Boxrec rates him No.3 in the division.

Kyrgyzstan's Bivol, 31, became super by beating Canelo. Been a professional since 2014. He held the WBA belt since 2017, and the interim version before that. Has beaten the likes of Jean Pascal, Joe Smith Jr and Sullivan Barrera. Boxrec rates him No.1 in the 175lbs division.

bivol-zurdo1.jpg

bivol-zurdo.jpg

• Thanks 1

Bivol,  all night long.

Surdo was never more than really tough. Sort of the "Derek Chisora" of 168.   And very carefully matched,  plus lots of "persuasion" money along the way.

Bivol is at LEAST one level above.  Probably three levels. And I doubt he can be paid off,   so this will likely be a real fight.

Ramirez gonna' get humiliated.

Of course, if it goes to the cards ........

• Thanks 1

Always thought Ramirez was overrated which comes with the territory as  TopRank fighter, which he was in his supermiddleweight days. He's tough as nails but Bivol's got too much skill for him. Does Bivol come in on an emotional downer after taking down the P4P number one? That may be Ramirez's only edge to take advantage of. But I don't see Ramirez as an opponent Bivol looks past. Bivol comes in ready and takes care of business.

As an aside let's not get all caught up in the titles. Beterbiev is the man at 175 and that title passes only by beating the man in the ring. Who wouldn't want to see Beterbiev vs. the Bivol/Ramirez winner? Hope we see it.

• Like 1

On 10/13/2022 at 8:07 AM, LondonRingRules said:

--- Beter got to get by a puncher in Yarde and do it in England first.

Zurdo no longer having to starve at 168 is well experienced now such that Arum could potentially make some good $$$ off him. Tall, lanky, southpaw vs a light puncher in Bivol, none of these bouts are guaranteed.

Great points. Certainly a competitive time, at the top, in the division. Just in the UK, LH is, probably, our strongest division.

• Thanks 1

On 10/13/2022 at 3:07 AM, LondonRingRules said:

Zurdo no longer having to starve at 168 is well experienced now such that Arum could potentially make some good $$$ off him. Tall, lanky, southpaw vs a light puncher in Bivol, none of these bouts are guaranteed.

It doesn't happen all that often,   but I must admit that you may have a good point here.

Still,  even if Zurdo is stronger and healthier at 175,  he's still a meatball.   Bivol is vastly more skilled.  A classic "matador vs bull" scenario.

(And if it end up going to the cards, expect heaps and HEAPS of bull.)

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...

I fully support Dmitry Bivol who stunned the boxing world with his masterful decision victory over pound-for-pound superstar Saul 'Canelo' Alvarez in May. Although Gilberto 'Zurdo' Ramirez is also the best fighter all over the world and also in top ranking, Bivol has skills to win this. This match is gonna be amazing. Can't wait.

• Thanks 1

*****SPOLILERS*****

/

/

/

/

/

/

/

/

/

--- Bivol wins wide decision in a decent, non dramatic fight where neither fighter hurt or busted up.

I scored 5-4-3 for Zurdo, but giving my even rounds to prefight favorite Bivol, that's not so far off from the official score.

Interesting in no animosity prefight, and so they appreciatively touched gloves at the end of every round just happy to have a payday for a decent fight I suppose.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, BoztheMadman said:

I hate it when politics meddle in sports...that's just BS. Boxrec no longer keeps track of fights in Russia either. It's just so ridiculous! 🙄

--- I know things ain't so good superstructure wise in Russia under current circumstances, so maybe the Boxrec editors their either don't have the means to report, or perhaps nothing to report?

• Thanks 1