A Look At Daniel Dubois vs Dillian Whyte - Fight Prediction?

The_budweiser

by @Skav

A couple of days ago it was reported that a potential fight between WBA regular champion, Daniel Dubois and former number 1 WBC contender Dillian Whyte is being worked on. Whyte has not fought since losing to Tyson Fury in April earlier this year while Dubois is coming off an impressive knockout world title win over Trevor Bryan in Miami.

https://www.ringnews24.com/2022/08/25/a-look-at-daniel-dubois-vs-dillian-whyte/

• Like 1

Yes it's awfully premature to be talking about a fight that hasn't yet been made. But my early take is Whyte's experience may be the difference. I think it would be a very competitive fight. Dubois is at his best when allowed to be methodical but the dog in Whyte takes him out of his comfort zone. Whyte makes it too messy for Dubois to handle. A style matchup that works to Whyte's favor.

• Like 1

--- After Povetkin iced him cold, Whyte looked clubfighter shot in the rematch against the Corona compromised Povetkin.

Dubois has a permanently weakened orbital that may give way again, but more likely he KOs Whyte who got chewed up by Chisora in that series , and speaking of...

Chisora has what appears to be a permanent vacant 1000 yard stare to him. Needs to take a mop up fight for his fans and retire.

• Like 2

11 hours ago, Ledhed1 said:

Dubois is at his best when allowed to be methodical but the dog in Whyte takes him out of his comfort zone. Whyte makes it too messy for Dubois to handle. A style matchup that works to Whyte's favor.

I think this is the most probable scenario.

The dubious one has always been talented, but rather stiff and plodding.  And not very good when backing up.  Whyte's aggressive and sort of angular attack should be very effective, as long as Whyte shows up in excellent condition and can thus turn up the heat without any coasting.  Given that this is a make-or-break fight for both men, I expect that to be the case.

• Like 2