Jump to content

SPOILERS | Oleksandr Usyk vs Tyson Fury; Do you agree with Eddie Hearn?


Recommended Posts

Usyk vs Joshua: Post fight Eddie Hearn said Usyk would defeat Tyson Fury. Obviously Hearn is hurting immediently after the fight and who knows if his comment is sour grapes after watching his cash cow lose the rematch or maybe he really does believe Usyk defeats the Gypsy King.

I personally think Fury would be too big for Usyk and I don't see Fury tiring the way Joshua does, and I see Fury out put being a lot greater. I can't see anything other than Fury winning the fight.

Oleksandr Usyk vs Tyson Fury - Who would win this fight? Agree with Hearn picking Usyk?

 

 

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

IF they fight, then it would be a different ballgame. Fury would just wrestle Usyk into submission and then bomb him with his Yeti arms from the outside. Usyk would have big problems connecting with so many clean shots as he did against Joshua. However, I don't see Fury stopping Usyk-he's one of those guys that can keep eating big shots and not get stopped. I see a decision win for Fury, likely helped a bit by hometown judging, in a close fight. 

Edited by BoztheMadman
  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 8/21/2022 at 2:45 PM, WelshDevilRob said:

I'd pick Usyk to beat Fury. I hope they get it on and by the end of the year.

Really Rob? I just cant see it myself. Tyson Fury has came a long way since punching himself in the face 😁 I really enjoyed his fights against Deontay Wilder that many fighters avoided. I think Furys a level or two, maybe more above Anthony Joshua. I think Fury would of stopped Joshua if he was fighting him on Saturday night.  I cant see Usyk hurting Fury to the point hes in big trouble in the fight. But I can see Fury hurting Usyk and maybe stopping him!

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 8/20/2022 at 7:09 PM, The_budweiser said:

Usyk vs Joshua: Post fight Eddie Hearn said Usyk would defeat Tyson Fury. Obviously Hearn is hurting immediently after the fight and who knows if his comment is sour grapes after watching his cash cow lose the rematch or maybe he really does believe Usyk defeats the Gypsy King.

I personally think Fury would be too big for Usyk and I don't see Fury tiring the way Joshua does, and I see Fury out put being a lot greater. I can't see anything other than Fury winning the fight.

Oleksandr Usyk vs Tyson Fury - Who would win this fight? Agree with Hearn picking Usyk?

 

 

- - I personally think the Blubber of Fury is too full of the Shyte of Whyte to risk putting together another monstrous millions fight deal only to have him melt in another quack-quack downy winter comforter yet again. 

Usyk has a chance to retire as an all time Ukrainian legend where he can make more as a bigger hero outside of boxing than soiling himself with the offal left in the heavy division.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Fury,  all night long.

 

Aj just did reasonably well against Usyk,  and Fury is several levels above AJ.

I'll be surprised if Usyk even agrees to take the fight.  Maybe he should go after the WBC Bridget-weight belt instead.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 2 weeks later...
On 8/24/2022 at 11:06 AM, The_budweiser said:

Really Rob? I just cant see it myself. Tyson Fury has came a long way since punching himself in the face 😁 I really enjoyed his fights against Deontay Wilder that many fighters avoided. I think Furys a level or two, maybe more above Anthony Joshua. I think Fury would of stopped Joshua if he was fighting him on Saturday night.  I cant see Usyk hurting Fury to the point hes in big trouble in the fight. But I can see Fury hurting Usyk and maybe stopping him!

I'm not sold on Fury. He beat a dreadfully protected champion in Deontay Wilder. I've never rated Wilder - his power is there but his accuracy and skills are terrible. Fury has fought no one with the skills of Usyk - it's different levels. Usyk will play with him, as Fury doesn't have real power, for his size. Fury's herky jerky style will look terrible against the Ukrainian, who will make him miss. Fury vs Whyte was poor, neither looked good. Whyte looked dreadful. Usyk is better than anyone Fury has faced. Klitschko was old and the fight was dreadful and lacked punches.

Usyk will not let Fury settle into a rhythm and pick him off. It's a formality for Usyk. Usyk will outbox any boxer, he'll find it harder against brawlers, at Heavyweight.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, WelshDevilRob said:

I'm not sold on Fury. He beat a dreadfully protected champion in Deontay Wilder. I've never rated Wilder - his power is there but his accuracy and skills are terrible. Fury has fought no one with the skills of Usyk - it's different levels. Usyk will play with him, as Fury doesn't have real power, for his size. Fury's herky jerky style will look terrible against the Ukrainian, who will make him miss. Fury vs Whyte was poor, neither looked good. Whyte looked dreadful. Usyk is better than anyone Fury has faced. Klitschko was old and the fight was dreadful and lacked punches.

Usyk will not let Fury settle into a rhythm and pick him off. It's a formality for Usyk. Usyk will outbox any boxer, he'll find it harder against brawlers, at Heavyweight.

 

Reasonable arguments, but I mostly disagree.

1:   Wilder lacks skills,  but the fact that Fury could take his punch multiple times shows that he has NOTHING to worry about from Usyk.  He can walk Usyk down nd smother him, the way he did to USS.

 

2:  Cunningham was quite skilled.  Not nearly on Usyk's level, but pretty darned good.

 

3   Again - Aj managed to land a goodly number of body shots on Usyk in their second fight,  and Fury is WAY better than AJ.

 

4:   Fury absolutely DOS have power,  now.   He didn't for most of his career, but both his punch technique and his attitude about when to throw hard has changed dramatically since hooking up with Sugar Hill.

 

5:  Usyk looks pretty good at HW,  but who has he fought, really?   I've never ranked AJ very highly, so Usyk's best win at HW is not really all that impressive.

 

 

 

 

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 hours ago, Cableaddict said:

 

Reasonable arguments, but I mostly disagree.

1:   Wilder lacks skills,  but the fact that Fury could take his punch multiple times shows that he has NOTHING to worry about from Usyk.  He can walk Usyk down nd smother him, the way he did to USS.

 

2:  Cunningham was quite skilled.  Not nearly on Usyk's level, but pretty darned good.

 

3   Again - Aj managed to land a goodly number of body shots on Usyk in their second fight,  and Fury is WAY better than AJ.

 

4:   Fury absolutely DOS have power,  now.   He didn't for most of his career, but both his punch technique and his attitude about when to throw hard has changed dramatically since hooking up with Sugar Hill.

 

5:  Usyk looks pretty good at HW,  but who has he fought, really?   I've never ranked AJ very highly, so Usyk's best win at HW is not really all that impressive.

 

--- Fury not only ducking the guy you ain't impressed with, but passing on those King's Ransoms to fight the low hanging fruit of Wilder for peanuts ain't a good look for you and light in the loafers Fury.

The formerly besotted coked out blimp didn't fancy his chances vs Josh nor the Wlad rematch, and when he thinks of the embarrassment of losing to a much smaller Usyk, I don't see this fight coming to fruition. He is the all time Gypsy Gas King hoist on his own petard.

In short, your boy is a ducker of his era sorta like Holmes was. 

 

 

7 hours ago, Cableaddict said:

 

 

 

 

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...