*****SPOILERS*****Vergil Ortiz Jr vs Michael McKinson~A Reckoning This Saturday

LondonRingRules

--- The Texas Kid has won every fight by KO vs the Brit who has won every fight, but almost all by decision.

Fight was previously terminated when Verg entered ICU while in training for what turned out to be a rare kidney malfunction, RHABDOMYOLYSIS, that could've removed Verg from this world. McKinson fought a decent mop up to win, setting up the return bout as it were.

Media been mum on this fight, but the only question prior to the cancelation was what round the well credentialed Verg was KO the Brit. Mckinson for all his lack of power possesses just about every other attribute favorable to a boxer.

Any insider thought or thoughts in general about this fight? Is Verg in the prime of his formidable life though no fault of his permanently damaged for life? Does the Popcorn swatting McKinson have chance of holding a title if he beats Verg?

d

• Like 2

A wreck-oning, I reckon. Ortiz is top 10 in the most stacked division in the sport for a reason. As a non-PBC welterweight he's on an island with little prospect of facing a fellow elite contender. One of Hearn's functions at Matchroom is to give British fighters a shot to fight in America if they're so inclined. McKinson gets a nice payday and returns home with his tail between his legs after this one. Does nothing to move the needle for Ortiz who'll continue to pedal the proverbial stationary bike as Crawford did while stuck at TopRank. Edited by Ledhed1
  • Like 1

I know almost nothing about McKinson, but I don't care how slick he might look, I doubt he has much of a chance at all.

He doesn't have a single notable opponent on his resume, and additionally: (primarily)

McKinson & Ortiz have the same reach, and Ortiz has crazy-fast hands. That means he's going to be landing. A lot.

Combined with dat powah .......

Fawgeddaboudit !

Edited by Cableaddict
  • Like 1

## SPOILERS ##

--- Seen McKinson twice on DAZN, but no longer use them since they could never put out a finished, reliable stream. Solid, awkward, skilled southpaw, zer0 power.

Got dropped midrounds for the final stoppage in the 9th. First fight with Manny Robles a bit chaotic from reports because Verg Sr has been the driving force in the corner and apparently couldn't step aside.

Blair Woooo Cobbs dropped Mighty Mo Hooker thrice to cruise to a decision. Hooker not that far removed from his title and Ring ranking missed contract 147 weight and seems to have had a death in his family days before the fight. No reason for him not to come back, but geeez, losing to what amounts an amateur still learning the ropes gonna be hard to reconcile if he don't get his act together.

Edited by Cableaddict
  • Like 1

Shooting fish in a barrel.

Ortiz is just a beast, and great defense as well. (Though it's odd to see a huge puncher using a high earmuffs defense.)

Funny how the over/under was 8.5 rounds, and McKinson went down for the first time at the end of round 8.

I'm not saying that Ortiz was carrying him, of course. Oh no, boxing is 100% legit !

Also laughing at the commentators, who completely missed the body shot in round 9 that put Mac down for the second time.

I'm glad McKinson earned a decent payday, he's obviously worked hard to be so slick, but I think it's time he retired and open a restaurant with Billy Joe Saunders & Paulie M. They could call it "Featherfisters."

Wait, that kinda' sounds gay. ;-)

:whistle:

• Like 1

I'm glad McKinson earned a decent payday, he's obviously worked hard to be so slick, but I think it's time he retired and open a restaurant with Billy Joe Saunders & Paulie M. They could call it "Featherfisters."

Wait, that kinda' sounds gay. ;-)

:whistle:

--- Only if you're British...:help:

Why does it show you edited my last entry?

• Like 1