Australia this Saturday: George Kambosos Jnr vs Devin Haney

Two undefeated Lightweight champions clash this Saturday, at Marvel Stadium, Docklands, Melbourne, Australia.

George Kambosos Jnr (20-0, 10 KOs) vs Devin Haney (27-0, 15 KOs) have talked the talk, who will come out on top?

On a side note: Boxrec is only listing Kambosos' titles on the line and not Haney's WBC title. A mistake by Boxrec or is the WBC not sanctioning the fight?

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
I couldn't care less what the alphabets do. This one's for all the marbles at 135. Period. So Haney's got a long way to travel. His opponent's got home ring advantage. Haney will have neither his dad nor Ben Davidson with him Down Under though Davidson was involved in Haney's camp. Haney's the better fighter for me, but can he overcome these hurdles? How has Kambosos handled becoming king of the lightweights? Has he remained focused? It probably helps he was able to go home and has this defense in his backyard. He'd certainly be motivated to avoid being embarrassed in front of his home fans. But I think the difference in quality between Haney and Kambosos carries the day and Haney takes the title. He's proven to be a highly driven and determined individual in his last few high level fights. I think we'll see him at his best and that beats Kambosos's best in my view. Of course, Haney will have to do it again to establish himself as lightweight champ since Kambosos has the rematch clause in his favor. This is what it's all about. A one-and-only champion in a division. Treasure it for what it's worth to us true boxing fans. Despite its best efforts, the industry sometimes lucks into these fights. It's a shame more people don't appreciate it because they get fed scores of diminished fights with meaningless alphabet titles attached. But the industry made its own bed. Edited by Ledhed1
  • Like 1

Two undefeated Lightweight champions clash this Saturday, at Marvel Stadium, Docklands, Melbourne, Australia.

George Kambosos Jnr (20-0, 10 KOs) vs Devin Haney (27-0, 15 KOs) have talked the talk, who will come out on top?

On a side note: Boxrec is only listing Kambosos' titles on the line and not Haney's WBC title. A mistake by Boxrec or is the WBC not sanctioning the fight?[/QUOTE]

If you click on the wiki, it says "WBC Franchise title", I dunno what that means...

• Like 2

On a side note: Boxrec is only listing Kambosos' titles on the line and not Haney's WBC title. A mistake by Boxrec or is the WBC not sanctioning the fight?[/QUOTE]

If you click on the wiki, it says "WBC Franchise title", I dunno what that means...

Thanks, Boz. Who holds the normal WBC?

• Like 2

YW. I thought Haney did? Lol...yep, he is. But this is some funny business, or Boxrec have messed it up.

It's the WBC.

They're probably about to announce a new "Light Brigerweight" division, at 138 lbs, so all titles are currently in limbo.

• Like 2

--- Now, now, boys pay attention!

Loma held every belt possible including the new WBC Franchise. Feo beat Loma to be all everything until George whooped him a new one to seize all the belts.

The Belt Haney likes to rattle like any baby is the infamous WBC Email belt. Haney has yet to beat a champion and he's gonna have to wait some more because Kambo gonna lay some Rocky on his fairytale.

• Like 1

Haney's dad was granted his visa to attend the fight. He'd been denied based on a past drug conviction. Interesting also that Kambosos supported Haney's team being whole as he didn't want to hear any post-fight excuses. Perhaps a bit of pressure from the Kambosos team. Ben Davison denied entry for Kinahan related reasons.

***** SPOILERS *****

\/

\/

\/

\/

\/

\/

\/

\/

​​​​​​​\/

\/

\/