Jermell Charlo is now the king of 154

BoztheMadman

A dominant performance and his most impressive so far probably, in a fight against a very aggressive and competitive Brian C. Castano. Charlo ended it in the tenth, by dropping Castano twice. I guess Castano got too aggressive for his own good, trying to stop Charlo this time and not leave it to the judges, which he proclaimed before the fight. What next for "Iron Man" Charlo?? I would LOVE to see him fight Fundora and Tim Tszyu. Other than that, he could also move up and fight someone like Munguia-would be a great fight.
  • Like 1

Great performance by Jermell. I was troubled by Castano's pre-fight talk of a KO. Predicting victory is fine, but going for the KO changes a fighter's approach, and he winds up fighting outside himself. But Jermell met Castano's aggression the first several rounds, then Castano slowed abit. Jermell caught him with a great punch spelled the finish. The fight should've been stopped at the first knockdown. Castano could barely stand and didn't obey the ref's command to walk to him. The same thing happened in the Ennis fight. What are these refs trying to accomplish? Yes they have a difficult job. They're given conflicting instructions for how to carry out their duties. Enforce the rules and protect the fighters. But at the same time they're told to facilitate a good show for the audience. Oftentimes that means don't be too hasty in stopping a fight too soon. That's what happened in the Ennis fight, but no excuse for letting Castano take another punch. Shocking for a supposedly progressive jurisdiction like California when it comes to fighter safety.

PBC pretty much owns the 154 and 147 pound divisions. Loads of options to match with Jermell. Fundora would be good; Tszyu is not quite there yet. Someone could come up from 147. Perhaps even Ennis himself. He's a big welterweight with hammers for hands. Would like to see an extended run at 154 rather than division jumping, but middleweight is starting to empty out - GGG, Jermall, Andrade - so Jermell has plenty of options. Superb fighter.

• Like 2

Charlo is really improving his inside game. That was clearly the difference.

But what a tough little firecracker Castano is.

Possibly FOTY.

Yeah...he just kept catching Castano with hard, clean counters. Castano got too aggressive and in the end he wore himself out-BAD gameplan!:nono:

• Like 1

Props to Jermell but Jermall has proven nothing at 160. What a waste of a fighter's prime. He may shortly be at 168 which would make his reign at middleweight utterly meaningless. The fear I have for Jermall is when/if he gets his big fight he won't be match tough. Too many soft touches dull the skills and sharpness. He's in for a comeuppance.
  • Like 1

Lol, shut up! Jermall is the one that isn't fighting the best, not Jermell. But he should soon do that.

- - Boz, ain't my fault the Charlene Sistas ain't beloved in their own country. I'm just the messenger who thankfully didn't have to run a barefoot countryside Marathon to Athens just to get the word out ;)

• Like 1

- - Boz, ain't my fault the Charlene Sistas ain't beloved in their own country. I'm just the messenger who thankfully didn't have to run a barefoot countryside Marathon to Athens just to get the word out ;)

Who says they aren't? They both got enough fans.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...