Fury vs Whyte

Robbo

I don't know, maybe it is. I mean, he's closing on on 34 and has a big family, he probably don't wanna risk getting injured because of that. It makes sense to me, but I can also see him making a comeback if he does retire so soon. And by the way-HELLO AGAIN, GUYS!:wave: Been so long...it's a long story, but my long absence was all due to technical problems.
  • Like 1

I don't know, maybe it is. I mean, he's closing on on 34 and has a big family, he probably don't wanna risk getting injured because of that. It makes sense to me, but I can also see him making a comeback if he does retire so soon. And by the way-HELLO AGAIN, GUYS!:wave: Been so long...it's a long story, but my long absence was all due to technical problems.

- - Wuz you in training for a crack at the winner?

• Like 1

Welcome back Boz! BTW I'd bet a crisp ten pound note that Fury doesn't retire after the Whyte fight.

• Like 2

• 1 month later...
Whyte has signed on the dotted line so it's all systems go for 23rd April. I think this is a tougher fight for Fury than many think.

--- Getting back to the origins of this announcement of the fight, nothing has changed save Ring gushing themselves over their 6 year Ring Champ with a single, spare title defense that took a long, drawn clubfighter worthy trilogy to log that single defense.

20-0 Ring Experts for AJ ducking Fury vs AJ ducking Whyte, perhaps the curse of the Century thus far, ouch!!!

Will Fury's Gypsies riot in the middle of 90,000 Wembley when things go South for their Gypsy King?

• Like 1

***** SPOILERS *****

--- What, it takes a Yank to report the results of this record setting Homecoming of Fury vs Whyte?

No matter, though this Texas Boy had other duties in the moment, I did manage to catch the last two rounds that were largely sporadic in between ugly clubfighterish level no matter the exalting Fury glam reports before stopping Whyte with an uppercut that didn't look to even land flush.

Now the Drama Gypsy Queen has threatened retirement after a hybrid UFC fight, so there's that.

https://fightnews.com/fury-kos-whyte-in-six/131118

• Like 2

So whether to believe the retirement talk. It we're to believe that he pledged to Paris that Wilder III would be it but was only lured back by a spectacle stadium fight on home soil, walking away would be plausible. If AJ regains the other titles, an AJ fight would be more likely to get Fury back in the ring one more time than Usyk. Fury is still relatively young and forever is a long time; I'm still skeptical we've seen Fury box for the last time (don't waste our time with the Ngannou talk).

There is the spectre of the Kinahan cloud. If Fury maintains an uninterrupted active career, the heat and scrutiny may only ratchet up. Only Fury knows the truth. I could see him laying low for a spell but the odds of him being finished are highly unlikely imo.

Far from an all time great. Wlad was a great win but there was no followup due to Fury's sabbatical. His next two best wins were against the same guy. Not nearly enough of a championship-level resumé to be compared with the all time greats.

By the way, I barely invoke this into an argument anymore because the press, promoters and alphabets so easily brainwash people into forgetting, but Fury is NOT the lineal champion. He himself broke the lineage when he left the sport. One can hardly be considered an ongoing champion when one isn't even an active boxer. The lineage was re-established when AJ beat Wlad. That would make Usyk the current lineal champion. But not even he cares because he's got three alphabet belts and that's all anyone understands anyway. So there.

• Like 1

Tyson Fury says he will retire after Dillian Whyte fight: '$150 million in the bank'

By Jack Baer, Yahoo Sports

Tyson Fury is about to step into the ring for the final time, if Tyson Fury is to be believed.

The WBC heavyweight championtold reporters on Tuesday that he intends to retire following his April 23 match against mandatory challenger Dillian Whyte.

"This is the final fight of my career, I'm retiring after this; $150 million in the bank, good-looking, healthy, young, I'm going to buy a massive yacht abroad. Got loads of cars and properties all over the world. Just going to sit back with a hot blonde and piña colada ... I'm retiring, I'm out, this is my final fight, the final countdown, I'm done."

Such proclamations should probably be taken with a grain of salt, especially in the world of boxing. Fury did respond to one question in

, which Whyte chose to skip, by saying that once he was retired, "it's done for me, I don't care what people say."

- - Wiki lists him as 30 mil net worth. Don't think he's getting 120 mil for this, but maybe Kinahan put it up as a bonus. Whyte 20% = 8 mil which is a 40mil purse = 32 mil Tyson.

AJ mades almost double Fury net worth in 2021 alone according to Forbes..

• Like 1

Far from an all time great. Wlad was a great win but there was no followup due to Fury's sabbatical. His next two best wins were against the same guy. Not nearly enough of a championship-level resumé to be compared with the all time greats.

By the way, I barely invoke this into an argument anymore because the press, promoters and alphabets so easily brainwash people into forgetting, but Fury is NOT the lineal champion. He himself broke the lineage when he left the sport. One can hardly be considered an ongoing champion when one isn't even an active boxer. The lineage was re-established when AJ beat Wlad. That would make Usyk the current lineal champion. But not even he cares because he's got three alphabet belts and that's all anyone understands anyway. So there.

--- Pretty much agree with all of the above, but there is this!

Fury a 2x Ring Champ with 6 cumulative years with just 2 measly(def-contemptibly small) defenses.

N'er speak ill of the dead and contemptibly small...Billy Shakes.

• Like 2