Fury vs Whyte

Robbo

Fury's such a monster physically it's nigh on impossible to trouble him. The thing that concerns me about Fury is he's becoming a bit of a cartoon character. Carrying out the orders of Warren and his team to make inflammatory comments to keep the public engaged. The best Wilder could do against a dialed-in Fury was a draw in three tries. A diminished, unfocused Fury will be vulnerable, and he's bound to head down that road again. It's a slow burn, though, and I think Whyte comes up short here. The Usyk-Joshua II winner could take him because 1) each is better than Whyte imo and 2) Fury will be further ripe for the taking. Any Fury defence is a spectacle, though, so also looking forward to the Whyte fight. If he can manage to create a crisis - as Wallin did - perhaps he can take advantage; but I don't see Whyte having the answer - Wilder nearly managed it in the third fight - once he gets hit by Fury's biggest shots.

..... Any Fury defence is a spectacle, though, so also looking forward to the Whyte fight. If he can manage to create a crisis - as Wallin did - perhaps he can take advantage; but I don't see Whyte having the answer - Wilder nearly managed it in the third fight - once he gets hit by Fury's biggest shots.

Anything can happen of course, but Otto Wallin is a REALLY good fighter, whereas Whyte is not at all.

And Fury's head seems to still be in a very good place right now.

There is zero chance that Whyte can win via decision. That concept is laughable even if the judges were paid off with 100% pure Bolivian cocaine, 16 y-o hookers, and half of the world's lithium reserves.

And even Wilder couldn't KO Fury, so ........

I give Whyte about a 0.02% chance of somehow winning, via a lucky KO.

Like, you know, if Fury once again punches HIMSELF in the face, but this time is more successful.

• Like 1

Otto Wallin a really good fighter? Is there more than one Otto, a different one to the one whose biggest accomplishment was losing widely on point to Fury? He's looked pretty average in his last couple of fights. Whyte, despite being no good apparently, has earned his title shot legitimately by Chisora, Parker, Rivas, Povetkin, Browne and Helenius.
  • Like 1

Otto Wallin a really good fighter? Is there more than one Otto, a different one to the one whose biggest accomplishment was losing widely on point to Fury? He's looked pretty average in his last couple of fights. Whyte, despite being no good apparently, has earned his title shot legitimately by Chisora, Parker, Rivas, Povetkin, Browne and Helenius.

You've probably only actually only seen Wallin in the Fury fight. He was badly injured before that fight started (A bad shoulder IIRC) - And Fury even said that, despite his winning almost every round, Wallin was the best boxer he's ever faced. Fury literally said that in an interview.

After that, even forgetting about all the pandemic "asterisks," he beat three guys and basically won every round. Yeah, he stinks.

That's why Whyte made a complete knob of himself, faking an injury to get out of fighting Wallin. He would have gotten humiliated and then of course lost the Fury payday.

Watch his fights BEFORE Fury. If you don't see that talent, then I don't know how to help you. Wallin has exceptional speed for such a big guy, GREAT footwork, and excellent defense, too. And a southpaw, no less. His only real flaw is his jab, which isn’t bad, but could be crisper & straighter.

Sadly, Wallin is also a dirty SOB. It's hard to forget how he intentionally tried to rub his thumb into the cut on Fury's face. (The one he caused even though he really sucks.)

What has Dilllain Whyte got? Toughness, on again-off-again aggression, slightly better-than-average power, and the luck to be boxing at a time when most of the division sucks. That's about it.

Edited by Cableaddict
  • Like 1

Whyte has signed on the dotted line so it's all systems go for 23rd April. I think this is a tougher fight for Fury than many think.

I'm not so sure @Robbo

Anything can happen in boxing and it only takes one punch to win or turn a fight in your favour. But, I think Fury is level above Whyte and I can only see a Fury victory.

• Like 1

Tyson Fury vs Dillian Whyte; Whyte opts to skip presser but Fury, Frank Warren and Brad Jacobs attend

Tyson Fury and fight promoter Frank Warren of Queensberry, along with Brad Jacobs from Top Rank, today met the media to signal the official launch of his mandatory defence against Dillian Whyte on April 23 under the famous arch at Wembley Stadium.

https://www.ringnews24.com/2022/03/02/tyson-fury-vs-dillian-whyte-whyte-opts-to-skip-presser-but-fury-frank-warren-and-brad-jacobs-attend/

• Like 1

Tyson Fury says he will retire after Dillian Whyte fight: '$150 million in the bank'

By Jack Baer, Yahoo Sports

Tyson Fury is about to step into the ring for the final time, if Tyson Fury is to be believed.

The WBC heavyweight champion told reporters on Tuesday that he intends to retire following his April 23 match against mandatory challenger Dillian Whyte.

"This is the final fight of my career, I'm retiring after this; $150 million in the bank, good-looking, healthy, young, I'm going to buy a massive yacht abroad. Got loads of cars and properties all over the world. Just going to sit back with a hot blonde and piña colada ... I'm retiring, I'm out, this is my final fight, the final countdown, I'm done."

Such proclamations should probably be taken with a grain of salt, especially in the world of boxing. Fury did respond to one question in

, which Whyte chose to skip, by saying that once he was retired, "it's done for me, I don't care what people say."

@Ledhed1 I'd be dissapointed if he retired after the Whyte fight. Whyte just seems like an easy pay day for me. I'd love Fury to fight and defeat Anthony Joshua and then Oleksandr Usyk before bowing out, that way none of the haters can say he avoided so and so. But with 150million in the bank then I don't blame him wanting to leave with his marbles intact.

• Like 1

Fury is just trying to promote a fight that most fans won't be very excited about. We all know it's likely to be a blow-out, but if it's Fury's last fight, then 'hey! Gotta' see it ! "

Fury has said repeatedly over the years that without the discipline of training, he'd completely fall apart again.

"sit back with a hot blonde and piña colada" ? Not a chance.

Plus, Fury has seven mouths to feed, and $150 mil doesn't go as far as it used to ! Have you seen the price of gasoline lately?

Edited by Cableaddict
  • Like 1

Tyson Fury could have sold 255,000 tickets after today's huge numbers

THE MASSIVE HEAVYWEIGHT clash between WBC champion Tyson Fury and the challenger Dillian Whyte on April 23 sold in huge numbers today – 85,000 tickets were purchased within 3 hours!

Fans are advised that only a limited number of tickets remain. A small number of Ticketmaster’s Platinum tickets are still available online, while 5,000 coach tickets are yet to be released. Details for the sale of the remaining coach packages will be announced in the coming days and will be available via Ticketmaster.co.uk.

https://www.ringnews24.com/2022/03/02/tyson-fury-could-have-sold-255000-tickets-after-todays-huge-numbers/

• Like 1

Sergey Lapin: He chose Dillian Whyte – the safer option

Assistant coach of Oleksandr Usyk

“Usyk is always ready for any challenger, he was one of the first who agreed to hold a unification against Tyson Fury. I heard that Joshua wasn’t against receiving the compensation either to allow the unification. But suddenly something went wrong, it seems to me that Tyson Fury and his team chose a much safer option for themselves – a fight with Dillian White.

“More than 80% of the information coming from Tyson Fury is verbal garbage to attract attention and to promote boxing fights, he also tries to get into the heads of his rivals with his words, as he did with Deontay Wilder. But such a story, like comparing Usyk to Tomasz Adamek, will not work with Usyk – nothing like this will affect Usyk’s psychology.”

----

Lapin does have a point. If Fury does retire after Whyte most will see it as the easier option rather than having a unification against Oleksandr Usyk.

Do you guys think Furys retirment is real or fake? @selij @Cableaddict @Ledhed1 @Ton @Kite1345 @Robbo @WelshDevilRob @WSMFC64 @BoztheMadman

• Like 1

I strongly doubt Fury will retire after Whyte:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W8F783h8K4c

@ 7:30, Fury makes it pretty clear that he's NOT going to retire after this fight. yH5BAEAAAAALAAAAAABAAEAAAIBRAA7

Plus, as I've said before, Fury lives for training. He sees it as his only way of keeping sane & sober.

Also, he's only recently learned how to really punch well, and I imagine that he wants more opportunities to use / show off that skill.

Once he's too old to box well, he'll probably become a trainer. - But he still moves like a young man, so....

• Like 1

It's a bit far-fetched to claim Fury was behind AJ's decision to demand the Usyk rematch rather than step aside. Had AJ not taken the rematch, what would his alternative have been? Wait around or take a no-risk fight in the meantime. Not buying it.

As for Fury's hint at retirement after the Whyte fight, I think it's bombast. he'll still be motivated to unify, especially if it's AJ. Not that he's wary of Usyk, but another all-Brit match in Britain would put it over the top. What may change things is if he has to wait. We don't know how long it'll take for Usyk-AJ II to happen as things stand.

The only extra ingredient I'd throw in to this whole stew, is that Fury would probably MUCH rather fight AJ than Usyk. AJ is an easy win, whereas Usyk is a scary little load of all sorts of trouble.

So... yeah he possibly benefits from Usyk-AJ happening asap, even though Usyk will probably win again. But I doubt Fury was actively involved in AJ's decision.

It's all screwed up now anyway, thanks to "Wlad the Tall Tale-er" and his insane bid to take over the world.

- Massive respect and best wishes for Usyk, Loma, the Klitschkos, and all other Ukrainians. Also for the poor Russian soldiers, forced into this madness.

• Like 1

@Ledhed1 I'd be dissapointed if he retired after the Whyte fight. Whyte just seems like an easy pay day for me. I'd love Fury to fight and defeat Anthony Joshua and then Oleksandr Usyk before bowing out, that way none of the haters can say he avoided so and so. But with 150million in the bank then I don't blame him wanting to leave with his marbles intact.

- - Fury lost his marbles way back when. He operates on Poppy Seeds now.

• Like 1

Eddie Hearn says Tyson Fury knows how much bigger he would be if he promoted him

Eddie Hearn says Tyson Fury and his father John Fury know he is a better promoter than Frank Warren and Bob Arum.

https://www.ringnews24.com/2022/03/07/eddie-hearn-says-tyson-fury-knows-how-much-bigger-he-would-be-if-he-promoted-him/

Trainer Xavier Miller says Dillian Whyte will be too versatile for Tyson Fury

Dillian Whyte 28-2 (19) will be too versatile for Tyson Fury 31-0-1 (22) when he challenged the WBC heavyweight king for his green belt at London’s Wembley Stadium on April 23.

https://www.ringnews24.com/2022/03/07/trainer-xavier-miller-says-dillian-whyte-will-be-too-versatile-for-tyson-fury/

Tyson Fury: “I’m not Mike Tyson or Evander Holyfield”

WBC heavyweight champion Tyson ‘The Gypsy King’ Fury 31-0-1 (22) has declared he is on the verge of retirement ahead of his mandatory title defence against longtime contender Dillian Whyte 28-2 (19) at Wembley Stadium in London, England on April 23.

https://www.ringnews24.com/2022/03/07/tyson-fury-im-not-mike-tyson-or-evander-holyfield/

• Like 2

The only extra ingredient I'd throw in to this whole stew, is that Fury would probably MUCH rather fight AJ than Usyk. AJ is an easy win, whereas Usyk is a scary little load of all sorts of trouble.

--- Usyk ain't gonna make him beans and may well be defunct as an opponent.

BlubberBoy ducked two career purses vs AJ to fight a trilogy with the other guy ducking career purses to fight AJ. Now BlubberBoy be fighting AJ leftovers who be making him inhale the shyte of Whyte. This after Jake Paul exposed the whole BlubberBoy clan as delicate she men".

• Like 1

Fury vs Whyte is an excellent fight in the division. Looks like Wembley stadium will be packed. Dillian Whyte hasn't looked great in his last few but he'll be really up for this one. He'll bring plenty of trouble. Despite Fury's size and awkward movement, he remains pretty hittable. Neither man has the best chin but Whyte has more power.

Toss a coin - it could go either way. Wouldn't be surprised to see both on the canvas.

• Like 1

Fury vs Whyte is an excellent fight in the division. Looks like Wembley stadium will be packed. Dillian Whyte hasn't looked great in his last few but he'll be really up for this one. He'll bring plenty of trouble. Despite Fury's size and awkward movement, he remains pretty hittable. Neither man has the best chin but Whyte has more power.

Toss a coin - it could go either way. Wouldn't be surprised to see both on the canvas.

I think Fury has considerably more power these days. Sugar Hill did an amazing job of tweaking Fury's punch technique, plus with all that weight behind it .....

And Fury has a huge reach advantage, and is much more mobile.

I don't even see this fight as a serious contest.

• Like 1

I think Fury has considerably more power these days. Sugar Hill did an amazing job of tweaking Fury's punch technique, plus with all that weight behind it .....

And Fury has a huge reach advantage, and is much more mobile.

I don't even see this fight as a serious contest.

Granted Sugar Hill has improved his punch technique and made him sit down on his shots more. But, I'm not getting carried away about two fights with a chinny Wilder. Let's not forget that Eric Molina almost knocked out Deontay. It was, also, noticeable how petrified of getting hit Wilder was against old and slow Ortiz.

Fury has the advantage with reach. Though Whyte's reach, for his size, is impressive. Be interesting to see how that plays out. Whyte has the same reach as the average Otto Wallin, who enjoyed success against Luke.

Also, all the complaining that Fury is doing, about Whyte not turning up to a press conference but Fury did the same, once, against Wladimir Klitschko - claimed his car broke down. :)

Whyte has earned his shot after being ducked by Deontay for years. He's fought and beaten top contenders, so won't be an easy win for anyone.

• Like 1