3 highly entertaining fights last night on DAZN.

repsac

Starting the night off with a bang. 3 highly entertaining fights on DAZN. The Alvarado bros, 1 retaining his title, while the other loses his. Ryan Garcia prevailing with a body shot knockout, after getting off the deck in the 2nd round.

Then the bad news, all boxing in the UK halted due to the rising Covid-19 cases. :(

• Like 1

The most entertaining item of the nite was Kate Abdo, clad in black leather (banging thighs), claiming she was a Brit and talking in an English accent. (Yes the same Kate Abdo who used to anchor for Fox Sports and speak with an American accent).

She also went on to compliment KingRy's father on the quality of his sperm....take a look. Mannix nearly had a heart attack.

Watch online or DL both available ! Single left click link below.

https://yadi.sk/i/uOs7e6a8iEiKzg

vlcsnap-2021-01-03-17h53m56s036.png

• Like 2

Trying to be happy for Ryan Garcia, but mostly bummed out for Luke Campbell. Been a big fan of his for some time. Don't really know where he goes from here. I don't think it's gonna happen yet, but I just wish he'd retire. Really like him, but he just doesn't seem to have it against the top tier guys. Looked pretty lost at times against Garcia.

it was a very good card, all title fights!!, but thinking in Garcia againtss Davis is miles away!!

Haney is the obvious choice since Campbell and Garcia were fighting to decide the mandatory. However, I would also love to see him fight Masayoshi Nakatani. It has all the makings of a fun little war.

The most entertaining item of the nite was Kate Abdo, clad in black leather (banging thighs), claiming she was a Brit and talking in an English accent. (Yes the same Kate Abdo who used to anchor for Fox Sports and speak with an American accent).

Kate is delightful! Almost 40 as well I believe. Fantastic!

Unfortunately for Luke he seems to be the next UK fighter who has the misfortune to be in a division full of talent, where he is clearly above UK/Euro level, but a rung or two below the elite at world level.

Kate is delightful! Almost 40 as well I believe. Fantastic!

Unfortunately for Luke he seems to be the next UK fighter who has the misfortune to be in a division full of talent, where he is clearly above UK/Euro level, but a rung or two below the elite at world level.

I don't really know where Luke goes from here. He's still young-ish, but, as you said, he's in an insane division. Some have suggested he should move up, but I don't know that he'd fare any better. I really like him and hope he has a few more fights in him, but I also hope he doesn't stick around too long. I'd hate to see him become a gatekeeper.

I think Campbell turned pro too late (nearly 26) and never changed his style enough to be successful in the pro ranks. Even after Olympic Gold it was a year before his pro debut while he dipped his toe in showbiz waters.
  • Like 1

I think Campbell turned pro too late (nearly 26) and never changed his style enough to be successful in the pro ranks. Even after Olympic Gold it was a year before his pro debut while he dipped his toe in showbiz waters.

I definitely agree. His style worked against most of the lower opposition he faced, but it hasn't worked when he's stepped up. He had some great local derbies; I'll always remember his grudge match with Tommy Coyle and his fight with Derry Matthews. I just don't think he'll ever be that successful on the world stage. As you pointed out, he started late and he's not getting any younger.

I like Kate Abdo. Long may she continue on DAZN. She could talk with a Borat accent, next, and I'll still be a fan.

I'm not a fan of the DAZN commentary, it's too pantomime, US hyperbole and biased. Was a card with Chris Algieri doing the commentary and he was great - get him on the big cards.

--- Might listen to a few min of prefight, but as soon as ring entrances begin with putrid entrances, that's all she wrote for sound as I mute to play my classical music that serves to keep me focused on the fight . Watch Josh/Andy 2 that starts out well for Josh, but things get sloppy midrds as Josh looks panicked as Andy let's his hands go. In the end, one supposes Josh conquered his demons by taking some good shots and Andy finally realizes he needs to lose some wt to maneuver better. Boxing, DAZN and us seem to be hanging in there during the great Corona Virus Season of Discontent.