Anthony Yarde

Robbo

Did anyone see Yarde's passive performance on Saturday? He needs a serious rethink in attitude. He threw away a fight that was there for the taking. It was such a curious performance for someone who relies on power. I don't think he threw a left hook until the last round. Also he kept falling short with the right hand but that wasn't exactly surprising as his jab was falling short as well.

His corner were abysmal, telling him him he was winning as round after round slipped away. They didn't notice that Arthur wasn't throwing his right until 3 rounds after the commentary team picked up on it.

• Like 2

Consecutive weeks in British fights the jab wins the day. (And the belts).

Just because the Yardy had a good last round both him and Tunde thought 'yep that'll do'. Sadly deluded.

IJL has to be mentioned for actually seeing the fight so wide for Yarde (as a judge this week). The same idiot who thought an obviously collapsed orbital bone last week, as a ref, was ok to continue with, without even asking the ringside doctor to look at it once even. IJL is fucking up on a near weekly basis. Going back to his old days. (Or did he ever leave them behind?)

During the post fight analysis on BT Sport, between Dempsey, Andy Lee and (a coked up) David Haye; they brought up the point that Yarde during camps does virtually zero sparring, if any at all. Preferring to do copious mitt work.

Is this a valid point for Yarde's lack of success against anyone with a pulse?

If he'd scored 117-111 to Arthur I'd have thought fair enough if a bit wide. Woodhall somehow had Yarde winning which surprised me. The sparring point is a valid one and probably explains why his timing was so badly off and always does when he's in against an opponent who can actually box. It looks as if Warren agrees.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/bo...at-Arthur.html

If he'd had a "word" a couple of years ago, Yarde might well have beaten Kovalev.

• Like 1

Gonna file Yarde in my loss column as guys I thought could have made waves but just failed!

Won't go anywhere with that idiot in his corner. Clearly while he was beating up taxi drivers and plumbers with his yes men shouting lions, Yarde thought himself untouchable.

Needs to rebuild now, or stick with being a domestic level fighter proping up the undercards.

• Like 1

A genuine lack of urgency. Maybe, doing twelve was weighing heavily on his mind? Ran out of gas against an ancient Kovalev before.

Arthur fought well with one-hand. It's down to the Yarde side, to notice that the opponent has stopped using a key weapon.

The fight was close but no complaints about the decision apart from the card for Anthony was way too wide.

• Like 1

Tunde Ajayi might well be the worst trainer in all of pro boxing, and that includes Kevin Barry, which is really saying something.

What a waste of talent. Yarde's left hooks are a thing of beauty, esp that shovel hook. (Well, except in this fight.)

Also, props to Arthur, who's accomplishment should not be diminished. That jab of his is incredible, as is his defensive footwork.

Edited by Cableaddict

I actually fell asleep after losing interest after the first two or three rounds. I woke up at the start of the 12th which was a good round, but had no desire to go back and watch from round four onwards.

Probably fair, it wasn't great watching to be fair.

Arthur jabbing his wayo to a win.