Do you think Daniel Dubois will be ready for a world title shot next year?

The_budweiser

I have no problem with the dubious one quitting, as that injury has to be incredibly painful.

But he certainly WAS exposed.

DD has good offensive skills, but a very limited arsenal, and basically zero defense. He's way too stiff, as some wise man once said.

This has always been obvious, but when slow-as-molasses Joyce can land his sloth-like jab on you, almost at will, it doesn't look good.

Probably the best thing that could have happened to DD.

Seems like a decent lad. Hope he learns & bounces back. Boxing sucks when there's no one to make fun of. :haha:

I had no idea you were so deeply in love with young Daniel. I fear you're in for some considerable heartbreak over the next few years.

Talking crap again. You are acting like a typical troll. I can tell a difference between someone being a little inexperienced and someone being "horribly exposed". Yes, his defense could be better, but he was still getting the better of the action. And he will get better in the next few years, so no heartbreak required!

I'll expand my thoughts on Dubois and Saturday's fight. Going into the fight I hoped that he would come out the winner as he's young, exciting and a much longer term prospect than Joyce. I thought the odds were a joke as it was clearly a 50-50 contest so I took some of the action and won myself some money.

Joyce utilised jab, distance and movement to bust up Dubois face, confuse him and minimise big punches coming his way. The very definition of being outboxed. Dubois lacked the experience and corner advice to change his tactics. You say he got the better of the exchanges but this amounted to him throwing 7-10 big shots not many of which really hurt Joyce and then taking the next 90 seconds off while he got his breath back. Joyce didn't look in any trouble at any point during the fight. During this time the Joyce jab would thud into his face regularly. And yes was was beaten up. That swelling didn't happen from a clash of heads ala Holyfield-Rahman, it was the result of 9 rounds continual jabbing. Joyce finished the fight with some minor facial scuffs and bruising but nothing significant.

The fight reminded me in many ways of Benn-Watson. Big punching but largely untested prospect going in against a more experienced fellow prospect and having their inexperience thoroughly exposed. Dubois, like Benn, has been fed a procession of tomato cans and not learnt much from them. I retrospect we should have paid more attention to the Kevin Johnson fight.

Like Benn, Dubois can come back from this but he needs to make changes

• Work on his stamina. He has to be able to throw more than a couple of combinations per round without being gassed
  • Get a new trainer. Dubois's team clearly though Joyce would march straight toward him and walk onto big punches They had nothing to offer him by way of advice when the tactics, such at they were, didn't work.
  • Better quality of opposition. This is going to be difficult as Fish Eyes doesn't like putting his hand in his pocket to invest in good quality opposition. The Warren prospect plan tends to revolve around pad the record, get a title fight and hope for the best.

I hope Dubois comes back successfully but as I say things need to change or Saturday will repeat it self further down the line.

I think DD simply should have paced himself more and not thrown so much early on. When he saw that Joyce could take his punches, he should've changed the strategy. And his defense needs working on. Other than that, he has what it takes to be a champion one day. But all these claims of him quitting and the ridicule he's getting, not least from Big Eddie, is really irritating! :rant:

I've got no problem with him quitting with that injury. My criticism is of the corner who should have done their job and pulled him out. If they'd their job properly that he wouldn't be getting criticised for being a "quitter".

Didn't Warren accuse AJ of quitting against Fat Andy? I think that's behind Fast Eddie's comment.

Daniel had more reason to 'quit' than Wlad vs Puritty (shocking) and Wlad came back to dominate for 10 years.

Daniel had more reason to 'quit' than Vitali vs Byrd (even more shocking) and V. came back too.

Daniel needs to get himself away from the armed robbers and a new trainer, I'm sure he'll be back.