6 Day Countdown-Fury/Wilder Sequel [SPOILERS]

LondonRingRules

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'd not be surprised if Wilder found the bombs sooner and laid Fury to rest, just as I wouldn't be surprised if Fury baffled Wilder to a points victory.

I favour Wilder find the shots as he seems to ALWAYS do, this time won't be any different. I think last time out everything aligned for Fury. The big gamble by him and Warren paid off, he got robbed, and rose from the dead. That shit doesn't happen twice.

BOMBZQUAD by baptism inside 9

Let's go!!

Getting more than a little bit boring now Undefeated and rather childish...do you have any considered insight and opinions into the matchup ? Or is that the sum total of your boxing knowledge to mimic that moronic chant ?

--- A new Ring Belt has been minted for the winner, this AFTER Fury never defended his first belt, in fact ducking the rematch with Wlad that would've altered the current mess.

Instead we have two incessantly posing and posturing clowns who have done nothing but splash around in their own slop. AJ still número uno and obviously over qualified to wear Rings new Crackerbox trinket.

Without trying to overthink this… although it feels like a 50-50 fight, that also seems like a strange way to characterise it. The received wisdom is that Fury is a far better boxer, but that Wilder has the power to take him out in any given round. Does that mean that they are evenly matched? Does that mean that if they fought 10 times they would each win roughly half of the time? I don’t know. What does seem right is that both have a clear path to victory and it seems really unclear, prior to the fight, who’s going to be successful at making their advantages pay.

What makes this so intriguing is the multiple variables in play after the first fight. Fury outboxed Wilder for virtually all of the fight, despite coming off two very low calibre warm-up fights. Shouldn’t he be sharper and fitter this time around? Wilder spent most of the fight flailing wildly and consistently missing with the right hand, but he managed to find a lower, straighter one in the 12th, and he and his team seem aware that they need to adjust the right hand accordingly (and we saw in the Breazeale and Ortiz fights the effect it can have). There is a definite rationale for Fury’s professed more aggressive approach – Wilder hasn’t shown himself particularly adept at fighting inside, or backing up, and Fury at least stunned Wilder a couple of times in the first fight. But Wilder’s feet are deceptively good for someone who is otherwise quite deficient in terms of elite boxing skills, so perhaps he has the ability to find distance and still land some hard shots on a Fury who is taking the fight to him. Either way, the fact that Fury could simply be bluffing about his approach has the potential to put some doubts in Wilder’s mind. Will Fury's cut play a role?

For those reasons and several others this fight is devilishly difficult to pick (and all the better because of it). The again, I also sometimes catch myself thinking that Fury is simply a vastly superior boxer, and, at the highest level, Wilder’s power alone shouldn’t be enough to mean that he will be consistently competitive with Fury (even if he might win, say, 2 in 10 fights between them by KO). He lost every round to Ortiz before landing the right hand (though some will argue he gave those rounds away – which is to some degree fair), he got wobbled a little by Breazeale before pole-axing him, he looked positively amateurish in stretches vs Washington, Arreola, Szpilka and Duhaupas. Then again, his last two fights might suggest he has further refined his ability to deliver the KO when he needs it – and with such a relatively brief amateur career, we should expect him to be continually improving in boxing ability as a pro, even if he is getting older at the same time.

This may be a bit fence-sitting but I’ll say that Fury should win convincingly, but that a Wilder KO (anytime, early or late) also wouldn’t surprise me.

• Like 3

--- A new Ring Belt has been minted for the winner, this AFTER Fury never defended his first belt, in fact ducking the rematch with Wlad that would've altered the current mess.

Fury didnt duck the Wlad rematch at all. He retired, to 'save' himself from getting banned due to cocaine use.

Also, therefore, by retiring, he cannot be the lineal heavyweight champion of the world. (As Steve Farhood has stated previously on record too).

Although the statement 'he hasn't lost his titles in the ring' is clearly true as well. The two situations arent one and the same.

- -There was the testing + for "wild boar" before the Wlad fight that UKAD/BBbc messed themselves with.

Fury may or may not be legit mentally ill, but bottom line is he messed hisself and his disputed title no matter how you parse it up.

Two separate incidents. Two separate charges.

Fury and his cousin Hughie both tested +ve for Nandrolone (a synthetic PED) which they later claimed was the result of eating wild boar; however, imo, with over 30yrs of first hand steroid use/abuse in bodybuilding gyms, this is scientifically impossible. Wild boar don't inject themselves with synthetic laboratory produced PED's, although it's agreed and well known that in certain countries (eg Mexico) oral steroids are fed to farm stock animals - not wild animals - to increase their growth rate to sell at market. (See Clenelo case). UKAD had to draw the line when the court case reached 7% of their annual budget. This test was carried out in February 2015 but they weren't charged by UKAD until June 2016 - after he had beaten Wlad K.

Fury was a voluntary registered VADA boxer. A voluntary test was performed by VADA on Sept 22nd 2016 that subsequently proved +ve for cocaine. He pulled out of the Wlad rematch on Sept 23 originally citing an injured ankle, then subsequently retired due to mental health issues. There was also a further seperate ignored/refused VADA drug test in September. He relinquished his belts on October 12th and the BBBofC suspended his license on October 13th 2016.

Fury subsequently came out of retirement; and fought Seferi in June of 2018.

I have already stated that because of this retirement he cannot be a lineal champion - although the fact he hasn't lost his titles in the ring is also a true statement.

David Haye believes theres trouble in the Fury camp.

Not the ideal build-up if true. I'm still surprised Ben Davison was dropped by Fury. Be interesting to see if Fury changes his tactics for this this fight or fights with the same game plan.

David Haye confirms rumours of trouble in Tyson Fury camp - - Boxing News - Ring News24

Pre Fight Hype

Inside PBC Boxing - Wilder-Fury II Special

5a9af41334382316.jpg

https://www.koboxingforum.com/forum/...314#post968314

Wilder vs Fury II - Final Vegas Presser

cd5ca11334652491.jpg0cf8e31334652495.jpg

https://www.koboxingforum.com/forum/...428#post968428

2020-02-19 Max on Boxing Special - Wilder-Fury II

dba7c51334653061.jpg

https://www.koboxingforum.com/forum/...429#post968429

Inside Wilder-Fury II - 4 Episodes

vlcsnap-2020-02-20-19h10m00s038.jpg

https://www.koboxingforum.com/forum/...455#post968455

• Like 2

--- More monkey biz on the lead up-

Bayliss appointed to ride the Fury back the whole fight, and Dave Moretti with his prefilled card.

Oh, and soon to be 90 yr old Arum taking bids on The substantial TR assets including the largest fight collection in the world stored in a massive underground bunker.

Fury, weak as a kitten, up against it as he's never experienced before.

Without trying to overthink this… although it feels like a 50-50 fight, that also seems like a strange way to characterise it....

Essentially I'd say it goes like this.....

Wilder, only needs to land once/twice to win a fight. 41 times out of 43 he has managed to do so, including against a DECENT boxer in Ortiz. He was also seconds away from doing it against Fury the first time round, and that brings me onto what Fury needs to win.

Simply put, he needs EVERYTHING to go to plan. That includes having luck and not just in pure boxing terms. And I believe last time everything aligned for him to have his best possible fight. He needs that again this time. He needs to possibly be able to rise from the canvas again. He needs that cut forehead to hold up. And he needs to box flawlessly to keep Wilder away from him with those bombs. A Wilder who knows that this guy can get up from multiple bombs and so will need some more urgency this time round.

I think Wilder fins his big shots again as he always finds a way to and Fury won't get up again twice as he managed last time out.

There IS the potential that everyone is overlooking Fury's power against the must slighter Wilder who himself has been rocked before. If I was putting on a bet the two markets to tempt me depending on who I was favouring most would be:

Wilder to win in rounds 9-12 @ 13/2

Fury to win in rounds 7-12 @ 19/2

Fury on points is the likely outcome should he be the victor but the odds are short for that as to be expected.

• Like 1

As the fight gets closer, I have lingering worry, from a Fury perspective, about something Fury mentioned about his new training camp.

He emphasised how in his camp prior to the first Wilder camp they would spend the vast majority of the time drilling defence, whereas in this camp they are spending much more time working on effective aggression. Now in one sense this isn't news at all - we all know that the camp with Sugar Hill has reportedly involved working on some offensive parts of Fury's approach, and Fury is claiming that this will inform a more aggressive approach in the fight. What I would be concerned about is not so much that the aggressive approach itself will leave him more open to Wilder (though it does involve that obvious risk) but that simply not having gone through that consistent defensive drilling in training camp will mean that his ability to avoid shots is diminished. After all, there is a reason why him and Ben Davison drilled defence so much - to make him as sharp as possible on that front for the fight itself. Perhaps it was only because he was so well-drilled and sharp with his defensive movement last time around (from a defence-oriented camp) that he was able to keep out of trouble for all but the 9th and 12th rounds. If he is just a little less sharp in that regard it seems to significantly increase the chances of Wilder landing big shots the longer the fight goes on. You might think that Fury has shown that defensive competence throughout his career, so the camp with Sugar Hill should have just added some weapons without taking away from that side of this game. But in a fight where the margins are potentially so slim, even being fractionally off when it comes to defensive slickness could be significant.

Anyway, I'm sure I'll keep going back and forth with advantages and disadvantages for either fighter right up until the first bell. Can't wait.

• Like 1