Callum Smith says his style is all wrong for Canelo Alvarez - Who next for Alvarez?

The_budweiser

WBA super middleweight champion Callum ‘Mundo’ Smith 27-0 (19) believes he is a bad matchup for world middleweight champion Saul ‘Canelo’ Alvarez 53-1-2 (36).

The 29-year-old Liverpudlian remains on a shortlist of opponents for Alvarez that also includes popular Japanese fighter Ryota Murata 16-2 (13) and Billy Joe Saunders 29-0 (14).

https://www.ringnews24.com/2020/02/03/callum-smith-says-his-style-is-all-wrong-for-canelo-alvarez/

-----

Who do you think Alvarez will fight next? Murata? Saunders? Smith? Other?

I doubt Canelo will fight Smith-not now, anyway. He knows he would be a big challenge in terms of height and reach and he knows "Mundo" can bang. Despite not doing so well against the equally-short Ryder, Callum would prepare better for a fight with Canelo. I don't think he took Ryder seriously enough. I think Callum could even knock out Canelo-there is a possibility, like he did Groves, if he caught him by surprise. Murata or Saunders look like more plausible fights for Canelo right now. I'd also like to see him fight Caleb Plant, but that's at 168 of course.

Think Canelo busts up Smiths ribs.

That gift victory over Ryder has done some damage to Smith credibility imo. Bit of a weird one Smith's career as it has just gone stagnant. Being from Liverpool, they get behind their own people I'm sure Eddie could have put on some big, money spinning shows on there with Smith headlining.

I guess Eddie was more concerned with Joshua and getting into bed with Dazn to worry too much about any of his other guys,