*****SPOILERS coming Friday-Danny Jacobs vs JCC Jr

LondonRingRules

--- I'd expect Danny to handle this with class, but Son of the Legend supposedly rededicated himself for his chance for a title shot at 168 if he wins.

Remember, He ruined Sergio Martinez in the closing seconds much like daddy did to Meldrick Taylor, so he still has untapped potential.

https://boxrec.com/en/event/797736/2415646

Got a notification from a YT boxing channel that has video footage of JCC training, haven't watched it yet but from the title of the vid apparently JCC is looking "tremendous". Imagine Jacobs' taking the fight sure in his mind that JCC wouldn't be much of a problem due to his previous lack of commitment only to find he's been training like a beast lol

Great for us if true but it's at 168 right? Already that's a problem, I got Jacobs as well but let me take a look at that footage before I make a hard prediction, don't wanna look as I did predicting Ruiz Jr to retain his titles 10 days ago.

There's VADA testing right??

.....Remember, He ruined Sergio Martinez in the closing seconds much like daddy did to Meldrick Taylor, so he still has untapped potential.

Oh please. Maravilla completely shut him down & humiliated him for 12 rounds. The only reason Jr managed to land a punch at the end was because Sergio's left knee went out, causing him to stumble.

Why do people constantly forget this?

I don't care how much Jr trains, he was never born to be a boxer. Jacobs will eat him for lunch. It will probably take a lot of rounds, since Jr seems to have the same extra-thick skull as his dad, so expect Jr to absorb a LOT of punishment.

My prediction: Jacobs wins almost every round, on the way to a brutal UD. And Jr's face will look like roadkill the next morning.

Edited by Cableaddict

--- Kneejerk Revisionism Cable.

Nothing ever wrong with Sergio knee for the entirety of his career til Jr clobbered him. Bit like the Vitali rt that reflexed a Solis kick that took out his knee.

Serg didn't know up from down at that point, but the ref didn't bother to vet him and the rd ended as did Serg career as a top fighter. Kid can punch and has a decent record for a guy notorious for slipping training camp for a week to hole up with one of his girls living la vida.

--- Still gonna happen, but Danny had to agree to a last second scramble to a 173 catchweight.

Jr in tremendous shape that beggars belief that he ever started at 130 that explains a lot of his weight problems. He must have some unnatural bone density.

https://fightnews.com/jacobs-chavez-jr-weights-from-phoenix/64571

--- Kneejerk Revisionism Cable.

Nothing ever wrong with Sergio knee for the entirety of his career til Jr clobbered him. Bit like the Vitali rt that reflexed a Solis kick that took out his knee.

You DO realize that there's video evidence of what happened, right?

lol ....

Surprise surprise the Mexican couldn't make 168, Jacobs all day. Wanna get a look at Hooker too after his KO loss, hope he gets back to the top and Liam Smith's getting a run out too so all in all not a bad night ahead of us methinks.

Oh and Kell Brook is back in February fighting some can in Sheffield, Galahad on undercard. Not really threadworthy so thought I'd stick it in here

Oh dear oh dear oh dear. I really don't know what to write, the one I feel sorry for the most even more than the fans in attendance is the hall of fame boxing great JCC Sr.

Why does his kid keep on embarassing him in public like this?

He should have took the headband up off him before he could exit the ring. Congrats to Jacobs although not how he would have wanted it the best part of the fight was his post-fight tribute to the late Patrick Day, that was top class from the Miracle Man.

And well done Mighty Mo getting the job done in one, he says he's going back to 140 to get his belt back but then called out Josh Taylor lol, um, you gotta see RAMIREZ my dude, that's right. I'm sure he will though, I like Hooker, let's get the rematch on for sure.

OK, I'm off, BT Sport 1 here I come, Archie Sharp in action tonight, I really like this kid I reckon he'll go far

He knows what's waiting for him when he gets back to his neighbourhood.

Local man: "Hey Julio, what happened with your son ese?"

Julio: "He said his nose was broken by an elbow or headbutt"

Local man: "Nah he quit homie, he QUIT man, he's not made for this, it's bullshit man"

--- There was a moment late in the fight when Jr who was the agressor most of the when they clashed and Jr pointed to his nose complaining.

Keep in mind this is a kid who took an alltime 12 rd beating from Serg and Canelo without complaint.

Something happened, his nose broke, and how severe we don't know other than he's having surgery.

Hey, being Golta 2.0 ain't a bad place at this point!