Just wanted to share some fun boxing stories i had this weekend.

repsac

Haven't posted much in a little bit because i've been busy with work, and going thru a few things. But i wanted to share with you a few things i experienced this week. Of course it's boxing related.

Have to start off with thursday, i decided to attend the DiBella Broadway Boxing card at Terminal5 in Manhattan. First time attending a Broadway Boxing card in several years, and this was the first time it was being held at this venue. Standing room only tickets or VIP, i opted for standing room. Got to walk around all over the venue. Saw the usual guys like Chris Algieri, Andre Rozier, Alicia Napoleon, Eric Kelly, Dan Cannobio, and of course Lou. Ran into Claressa Shields, she was very nice and chatty on this night. Talked for quite some time, got her to sign a glove for me, and take a pic. Told her i would see her next month in AC for her fight with Habazin. Another boxer that i've run into many times, but always passed up on getting him to sign a glove is Mark Breland. I take him for granted because he's always at the fights in NYC. This was the night i got him tho, and we joked about it. The other two people i chatted with were Matchroom ring card girl Samantha Kimuko and undefeated prospect Brian Ceballo. Samantha knows her boxing, and Brian is as cool as you can get.

As is the case since Barclays opened, i was attending the fights there on saturday. Hung out at the fighters hotel to snag some free wifi on my tablet to watch the AJ vs Ruiz undercard fights. We were watching the fights with Hogan's amateur coach, and Duke Micah's trainer. While at the hotel i got picks with Lulu Hawton, Duke Micah, Tapales, and Rodel Mayol (got him to sign a glove as well). We decided to leave to hit up this Irish bar, closer to the venue and use the wifi there to watch AJ vs Ruiz. As we enter the bar, we see Hogan's coach again with a group of people, all trying to watch the fight on their phones. I sit at the bar, put my tablet on there and start watching. Few minutes go by and then as the ring walks are taking place, we end up with about 12+ people huddled behind us watching the fight on my tablet, including former professional boxing Seanie Monaghan (great guy). We watch the fight, all agree it lacked the excitement of the first fight, but Joshua did what was needed to reclaim his title. We head over to the Barclays Center for the fights. I had a group of 10 people going with me, but they were all coming at different times. Ran into Brian Ceballo doing the same thing as me, getting that free refill bucket of popcorn. Then a friend of mine introduced me to former WBC Super Bantamweight champ Paul Banke. I knew he was gonna be in attendance because i was going to attend his book signing the next day in jersey. It was fun chatting with him for about 10 minutes or so. As we are walking around we meet Steven Torres (he fought on the card that night), said he'll be back in action on the JRock philly card. Not boxing related, but i took a pic with Wee Bey from HBO's The Wire. Chilled and talked to Zab Judah and Kid Chocolate (who was trying to convince me to have children). Then saw Otto Wallin walking around. He told me that the reason BJ Flores couldn't fight was because he have a BB gun pellet lodged in his head. The only other person we might was Claressa again.

The next day drove out to Jersey for the Staying Positive book signing featuring Paul Banke. This was a lot of fun. Talked to him and his friends for hours. They asked me about the fights i been to, the fights i collect, the gloves i got signed, etc. They told me to come out to Cali, and they would hook me up to meet all the fighters out there. Former junior middleweight champ Mark Medal was there. Another great guy. We talked, joked around for over an hour. Ended up getting Paul and Mark to sign gloves for me. Another super nice guy was Imamu Mayfield. He's fuckin HUGE. Fist looked like a boulder. After that we said our goodbyes, and ended a fun boxing weekend.

Cheers.

80369669_442160649805083_7569901815072817152_n.jpg.6dd42403777c966decca90cc8e4ad85f.jpg

Edited by repsac
  • Like 3