[SPOILERS from December 7] It's Fight Week!! Andy Ruiz Jr vs Anthony Joshua II

Undefeated

"I should have trained harder, I should have listened to my coaches more. I won one, he won one, let's do the trilogy. I've learnt from my mistakes, I know I'll be ready for the next one"

Words of the former world champion at last night's press conference. He must be delusional if he thinks he's getting another opportunity. "I should have trained harder" are not words any fighter making his first defence in front of the world should be uttering afterwards. THAT was his opportunity, this talk of a third fight is ludicrous, no one wants to see that, I gave him 1 round last night, the judges gave him 1 more, where's the call for a trilogy?

He'll be bitterly disappointed waking up this morning in Riyadh and rightly so too. Even if he trained his hardest he still might have lost but losing like he did sends him crashing back down into the bottom half of the world top ten amongst the likes of Kownacki and Ortiz.

He had his 15 minutes, where do we want to see Joshua next? I understand Oleksandr Usyk is now next in line, usually the new champ would be able to make a voluntary first but I understand that since this was a rematch he'll be required to fight Usyk next but is that what you want to see?

- -Usyk would be interesting and continuing the still developing rivalry between Ukraine and British heavies that starts with Vitali vs Hide.

As to trilogy, remember Ali/Frazier II was eminently forgettable save for the abc studio prefight rumble with Cosell bumbling his ref duties Jersey Joe Walcott style.

Nor any impetus calling for the still struggling Ali to challenge Foreman.

Nor or any impetus for any of Wilders title fights or even poor Wildy hisself.

A British newspaper is reporting that Andy Ruiz Jr agreed terms to fight Deontay Wilder AHEAD of his rematch last night

https://metro.co.uk/2019/12/06/andy-ruiz-jr-next-fight-deonaty-wilder-anthony-joshua-rematch-boxing-11281263/

Deontay Wilder SLAMS Andy Ruiz Jr for his sloppy preparation going into the rematch

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/boxing/article-7768897/Deontay-Wilder-slams-Andy-Ruiz-Anthony-Joshua-loss-claims-unification-bout-wont-happen.html

Never before has the popular boxing comment "It's hard to get up at 4 in the morning when you're wearing silk pyjamas" seemed so true. Shocking behaviour from Ruiz Jr. I don't mean to go on but damn!!! He had 6 months to get his act together. Now I'm hearing that coach Robles asked Ruiz Jr to get to camp for end of July and he turned up at the start of September, ignored calls for him to stop eating crap and in the post-fight presser he said over and over again that he should have listened to his dad and his trainer.

I've never had $13 million before either so if this is what it does to you then so be it but in the DAYS before the fight I heard him assuring his fans that it's only material things and that he wants to carve out a legacy but I guess he wasn't prepared to go to the well. The best thing to come from Ruiz Jr after the fight was his very clear apology to coach Robles, I'm glad because I'd hate for Robles to even take 10% of the blame here, if the trainer wants it more than the fighter then he doesn't deserve it. Robles admitted that he knew Joshua would employ the stick & move tactics and of course he should have known that too but looks as if Ruiz Jr thought all he had to do was turn up and land another shot to the temple, smdh.

I'm pleased the titles will be arriving back in the UK tomorrow as a PBC hold on the straps is bad news for us here and our viewing pleasure but it's only a matter of time before someone else takes the belts back off him.

I'm glad Ruiz lost as pre-fight he said being champ makes you perform that extra 10%. I think Andy ate that 10% and then some....

Post fight he was saying he pilled on the weight, partied and didn't train properly - thats no champ!

Yep. He gave himself (and the promotors) a built-in excuse for losing.

Now watch, he'll next face some no-hoper, but will trim down to around 260 lbs and destroy the guy.

Then Eddie Hearn will be able to promote the snot out of the trilogy, claiming that THIS time Ruiz is ready!

The idiot fans will eat it up.

Mo money! Mo money! Mo money! Mo money! .................

(And meanwhile, Ruiz still doesn't have to face either Wilder or Fury. He'll get THOSE paydays after the trilogy, and whether he wins it or not.

Mo money! Mo money! Mo money! Mo money! .................

Ruiz Jr banging on about a trilogy still, putting the entertainment factor aside, does he even deserve a third fight?

Hasim Rahman didn't get one nor was anyone calling for it as Lewis settled the argument in devastating fashion. Joshua's win was almost as comprehensive, barely lost a round and showed us why he got Olympic Gold in 2012 so who wants to see Joshua vs Ruiz III?

You see, I still cannot fathom why Ruiz Jr decided to coast through camp doing the bare minimum, eat whatever the heck he wanted to eat and then turn up plodding around for 12 rounds without a plan b or c. UK viewers had to pay £24.95 to watch that, some even put their hard-earned on 'repeat' but Ruiz Jr couldn't be bothered to give it 100%, I hear it wasn't even 70%, the fat lazy git.

There are many fighters who if in his position on Saturday would have worked flat out the previous 12-16 weeks and done everything they possibly could to retain the championship and so I would hate to see him rob someone else of an opportunity by having a third fight with AJ, Ruiz Jr needs to step aside now and go fight Kownacki or Martin or someone, Joshua's back in the top 3 and hopefully he'll be fighting someone in the top 5 next year.

According to the papers, Anthony Joshua has appeared to confirm he is set to fight Oleksandr Usyk in his next fight in March or April.

Link: https://metro.co.uk/2019/12/17/anthony-joshua-breaks-potential-opponents-ahead-next-fight-11920877/

I saw an interview with Dan Rafael recently and he seemed to think the IBF was first on the rotation though Pulev's ducked AJ twice before so it wouldn't surprise me if he's moved out of the way again to pave the way for the all-Matchroom clash.

R.I.P USYK

No one is interested in Joshua-Ruiz 3 and no doubt Eddie Hearn knows this. Would be crazy to put that on anytime soon. Would only make sense if Ruiz was to have a few more fights against the guys in the top 5-10 range and blitz them all.

Ruiz had the perfect preparation for the first fight. Though some complained he only had a few weeks notice. He fought the 6'5 Dimitrenchko 5 weeks before. I watched the fight, at the time. He came through unscathed but had great practice against a stiff, tall opponent. Dimitrencko lacked ambition and fitness but had the jab and height. Meanwhile, Joshua was bulking up to meet 300lbs Jarrell Miller head-on.

Andy Ruiz never looks in shape but can do 12-rounds and has done a few times. Agreed, that Ruiz took some time off this time. The money and being able to spend would be a huge distraction to anyone.

The rematch, I thought AJ boxed well and moved well. Would've loved to see him more aggressive but he was going for a win and had demons to slay. Ruiz was slow-footed but always has been. Joshua moves on and we need some excitement from him. Ruiz just got paid 5 times the first fight - maybe more. He may end up in a Buster Douglas diabetes coma. If he put the effort in, he'd be hardwork for them all but his priorities maybe elsewhere and good luck to him.