Is Daniel Dubois jab as good as Larry Holmes?

The_budweiser

Dubious has a LOT of talent. Great fundamentals & balance, power, and a calmness under pressure.

But his Jab? What?

- Also, he'll always be a little stiff. I also think he lacks the killer instict, though I do admire his patience overall.

I just don't see big things in his future, despite the many positive things one could say about him.

Holmes? He didn't waste a lot of energy, either, but he was very fluid, and could move really well when he wanted to.

Dubious 'aint that.

Edited by Cableaddict

Nor does he need it. ;-) 'Cause he can do something Larry never could-knock them out fast. :boxing:

Only if they stand there and let him.

When the dubious one fnally faces someone with good footwork, he'll probably hit nothing but air all night.

I hope I'm wrong, as the division needs all the help it can get, but don't hold your breath waiting for DDD to become a master of ring generalship.

Only if they stand there and let him.

When the dubious one fnally faces someone with good footwork, he'll probably hit nothing but air all night.

I hope I'm wrong, as the division needs all the help it can get, but don't hold your breath waiting for DDD to become a master of ring generalship.

Aa, hater! :nono::haha: Is it just me or are you generally dismissive towards all British/European fighters?

Nicola Adams got a post-fight reception almost (not quite) as unfavourable as Taylor did after Persoon was on the wrong end of a decision away from home. I had it 96-94 for Salinas myself, thought she pulled it out, had to ignore messrs Jones and Rawling in order to do so though. Salinas however didn't lose but a 3-way split saw Adams retain her title.

I rate Adams as the best female in Britain but on last night's showing it's hard to justify it. She had been out for a year though so I suppose it was to be expected, I don't begrudge her the draw as I only had 1 round in it myself and it was a close fight.

And can't finish without a mention to The Sharpshooter, what a finish, I didn't know who he was until he beat Woodstock, haven't missed him since and I'm a believer in the young man, I think he can go all the way.

He looks to have a stiff jab but let see it used when he has better opponents in front of him. With his limited amateur experience they will move him slowly much like Wilder's handlers did. I got no problems with that as long as he is fighting 4 to 5 times a year. His best opponents have been Gorman & Kevin Johnson. It would be nice to see him fight David Price soon but I also think they want him to get more rounds. I would consider fights with durable journeymen like Hubeaux or Enguema. They usually provide some rounds & are not a big a threat. They actually punch back too. I think 1 more year of development should be enough to get him ready for the next level. He should be ready for some top 20-30 fighters at some point late in 2020. An EU title should be on the radar next year.

He looks to have a stiff jab but let see it used when he has better opponents in front of him. With his limited amateur experience they will move him slowly much like Wilder's handlers did. I got no problems with that as long as he is fighting 4 to 5 times a year. His best opponents have been Gorman & Kevin Johnson. It would be nice to see him fight David Price soon but I also think they want him to get more rounds. I would consider fights with durable journeymen like Hubeaux or Enguema. They usually provide some rounds & are not a big a threat. They actually punch back too. I think 1 more year of development should be enough to get him ready for the next level. He should be ready for some top 20-30 fighters at some point late in 2020. An EU title should be on the radar next year.

Marco Huck vs Joe Joyce has been ordered by the EBU so maybe Huck vs Dubois next year?

Sure if Huck has enough left to get by Joyce. Joyce is extremely easy to hit but has a good chin. Can Huck hit hard enough to slow the Juggernaught down?

LOL yeah I was actually kidding, wondering if anyone was going to spot what I did there, prime Huck all day but as you say, he's been in some wars and I don't actually think that at this stage of his career he would beat Joyce. I got the Juggernaut by TKO or UD.

Sure if Huck has enough left to get by Joyce. Joyce is extremely easy to hit but has a good chin. Can Huck hit hard enough to slow the Juggernaught down?

Huck won't beat Joyce, IMO.

Joyce may throw like a girl, and yes Joyce can be hit on the inside, but when he fights smart he's very HARD to hit. He has great footwork & balance, & excellent lateral, movement. His hand speed is average but his feet are very fast. He also showed decent head movement in the Ustinov fight. (Something he must be working on.) He'll have 3" on Huck, so no need to trade inside where he's somewhat vulnerable.

Also, Huck is one of the least skilled boxers ever to lace' em up. tough as nails, but completely 1-dimensional, so don't expect him to find a way inside on Joyce.

Edited by Cableaddict