*****SPOILER-Lomachenko vs Campbell results-

LondonRingRules

Only seen four of the fights on the card so far, just got through with the main event, I gave Campbell 4 rounds, two of the judges only gave the home fighter 1 round and that's a little disappointing if I'm honest, still, makes no difference in the grand scheme of things I suppose but I hope Campbell isn't too disheartened by the scores, he did better than win 1 round, I expected that he would have been dropped long before the 11th so he did well and then avoided crashing down again in the following round with his rugby tackle but ultimately not good enough to defeat the man who sits top of many P4P lists at the moment. Good entertaining fight.

But what about Fury? Oh dear, I didn't score that one but I thought he did enough (didn't he?), I burst out laughing when I heard all the judges gave it to Sasha, he started out as I expected and actually I was impressed with his movement, jab and the distance he was creating too. When he fought Parker I gave the fight to Parker because Fury was running around trying to steal his belt but I thought he was more positive here with AP, I know he didn't want to stand and trade (for good reason) but I wasn't disgusted like I was after the final bell sounded in his fight with Parker. Did anyone score this one and how did it go? Interested to know what you think, I do watch a fight differently when I'm scoring and not scoring, was having breakfast when watching the Fury fight so y'kno...:haha:

Oh and did anyone see Tennyson beating Shafiq? I thought he was gonna lose on points instead scored a brutal knockout, that was fun to watch. (Glad Shafiq is OK of course).

I thought the scores were pretty accurate. Campbell landed a few here and there, but very few really meaningful shots. (One excellent UC, though.)

Regardless, Campbell surprised & impressed me. He made almost every round competitive, to some degree, and he never mentally gave up.

He still has a hug future, but maybe at 140.

Just watched the Edwards vs Martinez fight, pity Martinez threw a late one to his ribs because even if he hadn't and Edwards got up, he was getting knocked out. WBC haven't updated their rankings yet and I'm just wondering is Edwards still world champion? He said after the fight that 112 was killing him and that he doesn't know if he would take a rematch at 112 next rather than move up so where's the gold at the moment? Diamante announced that Martinez was the new world champion but then afterwards Sulaiman said the fight is a NC and a rematch would be ordered immediately. Just want to confirm who is the WBC Flyweight champion at the moment if anyone knows?

• 2 weeks later...
How in the world did the ref miss that late punch in the Edwards vs Martinez fight?I understand in was on the other side of where the punch landed, but you can clearly see Edwards was down when the punch landed. Knockdown should've been counted on the card, then a 5 minute break for Charlie to recover.

--- Reps, hoping for your input in my Russell Peltz tribute.

Re late hits: happens a lot and almost always the ref blows the call.

Two ex are Abraham vs Dirrell when Dirrell is going down catches Abe on the jaw that prompts a counter just as Dirrell knee hits the canvas that sees him in convolutions and needing the hospital. The deplorable Laurence Cole out of position DQs Abe.

The other Barrera vs BALCO Juan Marquez after Barrera walks him into a right. For an eternity JM on his knees with Barrera over him with Fat Jay Nady asleep at the wheel. Finally Barrera swats him lightly to put him fully down as Nady