Dillion Whyte vs Oscar Rivas results

Re: Dillion Whyte vs Oscar Rivas results

--- Dunno, how reliable are Boxing Scene who reported the bad test and the mirror who picked it up?

A bit too he said so she gonna say with no transparency. No values given and Whyte fell under both VADA and UKAD rules that aren't the same.

Can only copy one link at a time, so heading over to BS to see what they had to say.

Dillian Whyte 'tested positive for banned substance' before Oscar Rivas fight - Mirror Online

Guess all discussion on the bout itself is no longer important.

This story has blown up and it's now been said that the failed test was known to Hearn/Whyte, and the testing folk BEFORE the fight.....

Surely this means it mustn't be something performance enhancing, because that couldn't be given the go ahead! Surely a recreational drug?

I've never been at all impressed with Whyte. A tough guy, with a big punch if he can connect well, but not a good boxer and has been behind on the card plenty of times. Always in questionable condition.

There's more to come out from this. Eddie Hearn doing his best politician impression to spin things to lessen the damage to matchroom as much as he can.

Surely this means it mustn't be something performance enhancing

Generic forms of Dianabol - the very first anabolic steroid to be derived. A known atomic footprint since 1955. How the fuck did he expect to go undetected taking shit like that ? These men have got proper £ in their pocket - at least get some new, designer undetectable gear, ffs.

Generic forms of Dianabol - the very first anabolic steroid to be derived. A known atomic footprint since 1955. How the fuck did he expect to go undetected taking shit like that ? These men have got proper £ in their pocket - at least get some new, designer undetectable gear, ffs.

Could just be contaminated supplement, but then he's had that before. Presumably they can test his supplements and see if that's the case, but it's the same as I said with Browne - you're either cheating or a fucking idiot, and I have no sympathy for either.

It's always suspicious when a guy comes from nowhere and suddenly becomes a top contender....

He hasn't really come from nowhere though has he? Worked his way through the ranks and his best have all been fairly close.

Could just be contaminated supplement, but then he's had that before. Presumably they can test his supplements and see if that's the case, but it's the same as I said with Browne - you're either cheating or a fucking idiot, and I have no sympathy for either.

Good call yea. 2 lads killed in a week. No room for steroids in boxing. (Boxing's completely different to my sport, you're only gonna harm yourself not your opponent).

Why would a supplements manufacturer though, who's working in a very, very competitive market, therefore with tight profit margins, spend money lacing protein powder with steroids, cos steroids ain't never been cheap. I have never understood this 'defence'. The wild boar excuse holds more water for me than this old chestnut. Although water retention is prob a bad analogy in the case of steroids :haha:

--- A purchase of 10 grams of dianabol used for a 10 nanogram infusion of the usual energy drink lasts a looooong time. That's business model currently in use on the new baby gen who can't go anywhere these days without their H2O bottles and scarf down energy drinks like addicts.

Disagree LRR - the original piss sample still has to show (depending on the testing body) an epitestosterone:testosterone level of 4:1, 6:1 or 8:1 in Germany (hence the Klitschko's mega era), before any detailed chroma-testing is done. So the levels are a darn site higher than that mate. A 'normal' human's level is ~1:1. Them boys juicing proper mate.

Why would a supplements manufacturer though, who's working in a very, very competitive market, therefore with tight profit margins, spend money lacing protein powder with steroids, cos steroids ain't never been cheap. I have never understood this 'defence'.

It has been proven before in independent tests. If it's being produced in China, it could easily be laced with all sorts without even the brand owner knowing - doubt it costs much, and it gets a reputation for efficacy nice and quickly.

A buyer in my industry was telling me a lot of rogue Chinese factories will produce perfect sample goods and then when they come to manufacture, will swap out parts without telling the buyer. A week later, a Youtuber had to recall her new range of lipsticks because they contained hair, bits of metal..

https://www.scientificamerican.com/article/hundreds-of-dietary-supplements-are-tainted-with-prescription-drugs/

Banned drugs 'sold over the counter' in sports supplements - BBC News

These are professional multi millionaire sportsmen not divvies on Youtube - they know, or should know - exactly what they are doing thru their "nutritionists" .

And to all of you on here who have never bought steroids - and that's all of you apart from me - I will reiterate, they are not cheap and something you can sling into a mixing pot of protein powder for kudos. Aside from the fact its not like a spoonful of sugar - the absorption factor is crucial - 90% of anabolic steroids are administered intramuscularly, not orally and therefore slinging oral steroids into protein powder would be an extremely costly hit 'n miss affair. Would never, ever happen in a million years. The concentration would have to be so high so as not to be broken down by the stomach acid to be not possible.

Don't make excuses for them - they are juicing, and looking for excuses to explain things away - just like Clenelo, Fury et-al. Take clenbuterol then blame it on an asthma inhaler if it comes ontop….or blame it on contaminated beef. The ridiculousness of it is Fawlty Towers standard.

Please - re: Dildo Whyte - who the fuck would be putting a steroid derived in 1955 into protein powder and selling it in 2019 ? Do you know how ridiculous this sounds ?

We have testosterone injectable mixes now that contain slow, medium and fast release gear, maybe 8 ingredients - and trenbolone mixes that contain all 3 types of tren. We have summer cutting blends and winter bulking blends. We have HGH that can be injected sub-cut'. This beggars belief that a factory in China is purchasing Dianabol and crushing tablets into protein powder and the Brixton boy is actually buying it. Please credit me with some knowledge of 30 years+ of being involved with bodybuilding.

And to all of you on here who have never bought steroids - and that's all of you apart from me - I will reiterate, they are not cheap and something you can sling into a mixing pot of protein powder for kudos. .

I know nothing (my nickname is "John Snow" ) but could it maybe be something cheap-but-related, like the stuff they feed to chickens & cattle?

Or a non-steroid?

--- Ranchers use spiked feed to fatten up livestock before going to market.

Kid from small town ranch country told me how in the 70s he was a HS football lineman for a team that made state playoffs. I was incredulous because he was only a 5-8 lump nothing at 30yr old. He said the coach would hand out pills to the team and in no time he was 220lbs of pure muscle.

Andro used to be over the counter and maybe creatine still is and were sold as powders to be mixed in a shake, scrambled eggs, or whatever. Studies show Andro confers little benefit if any for athletes, but it was banned for creating false drug test results. Creatine does confer minor benefits, but a kid at work missed a few days after ODing on the stuff. He was also using Andro.

The WBC, VADA, and now the USADA have maintained the ghost nanograms of Clen like was the Canelo case are consistent with local food sources. It was the Vega high and mighty commish that dropped the hammer on him much like the Cali cornflakes who suspended Pulev for kissing that lap dancer rubbing up against him.

Western world gone full bonkers with not a nanogram of sound judgement in the leaders or populace becoming the new standard.

And no, I'd never use a nutritionist if I were an athlete, but I have a education whereas many fighters grow up impoverished in som 3rd world country with little education where myths and soothsayers influence their choices.

School yourselves before you start defending Dillian Whyte et-al and Clenelo's contaminated beef.

https://www.sciencedirect.com/topics/neuroscience/epitestosterone

Its the cart before the horse syndrome. Let's juice and when it comes ontop we'll use a vague theoretical possibility to try and explain it away. Like a puppydog licking its lips with gravy all down its chin, looking you innocently straight in the eye when its eaten your Sunday dinner off the worktop when your back was turned grabbing another can from the beer fridge. In fact the only recent case that has an inkling of truth could actually be the wild boar, as they could well have been fed beefing up animal steroids, but do any of you really believe that the Fury's eat wild boar ffs ? As far as I know its not on Nando's menu card - not even the specials. And I can't remember seeing any in the meat aisle at Tescos last time I was in there. And because they have a familial link to a clan of old travelling families 3 generations ago (Bartley Gorman, the Fury's, the O'Neills) that they kill wild boars and eat them? Do you also think their mothers sell wooden clothes pegs and sprigs of lucky heather door-to-door? And the nights they cant find a wild boar to kill they eat baked hedgehog? Get a grip pulleeze. And Clenelo is 100% aware, as is the entire world that beef is contaminated with growth agents in Mexico so why - knowing the risks - would you actually buy it, get your brother to cook it and fucking eat it ? You wouldn't - he was juicing and using that as the excuse when he unfortunately got caught.

Please - re: Dildo Whyte - who the fuck would be putting a steroid derived in 1955 into protein powder and selling it in 2019 ? Do you know how ridiculous this sounds ?

Equally, who the fuck is using a steroid derived in 1995 in the first place? I've just given you two links to people buying over the counter and finding all sorts of shite in supplements. I'm not defending him - as I said, even if it's his supplements, he's already had this once so should be ultra-cautious.

Ranting and raving about "That doesn't make any sense" is a bit foolish when it's actually happening. Dianabol tablets seem to be around 16 quid for 50 tablets online, so they're hardly going to be expensive wholesale https://steroids-uk.com/pricelist-anabolic-steroids/

Edited by gavpowell

And to all of you on here who have never bought steroids - and that's all of you apart from me

This is my favourite line of the year :haha:

Well Whyte came to the ring a massive fat bastard....so whatever edge he was trying to gain clearly wasn't working!

I'm beginning to wonder what kind of operation UKAD are running:

Dillian Whyte: British heavyweight passed all Vada tests for Oscar Rivas bout - BBC Sport

"Whyte's failed test with Ukad reportedly took place in late June, around a month before he was notified of findings. "

If that's true, why? Even if you're waiting for the chromatography, surely you tell the athlete/promoter immediately?