Makabu vs Perez next weekend

BoztheMadman

Or this weekend, if you prefer. I guess this is the "who's more shopworn" fight, or to establish which one of them may still have something akin to a career left. Makabu has won one somewhat significant fight after that embarrassing blowout against Bellew, while Perez beith Keith Tapia in his last fight. Who wins this?

Re: Makabu vs Perez next weekend

Makabu always has that equalizer. Possibly the biggest hitter in the division.

Perez is obviously the better boxer, and his win over Tapia was impressive. (I rate Tapia quite highly, despite 2 losses.)

Great fight. (Wait, maybe I'd better stop saying that! :whistle:)

Makabu always has that equalizer. Possibly the biggest hitter in the division.

Perez is obviously the better boxer, and his win over Tapia was impressive. (I rate Tapia quite highly, despite 2 losses.)

Great fight. (Wait, maybe I'd better stop saying that! :whistle:)

Heh...and Makabu is fighting at home. I see him being the most likely winner, but most likely by decision. He'll surely get the decision even if he doesn't earn it. ;-) May be able to stop Perez later on but I'm not betting on it.

--- Feel terrible what happened to Perez after he ruined Mago thru no fault of his own.

He was undefeated with potential to win a belt, yet only 4-3-1 since. Worse, he dropped to cruiser and ain't even healthy at that weight. Psychologically he had to have taken some damage in that Mago fight and only seems to being going thru the motions of a sport he'd just as soon quit. I wish him well but just don't like to see him being taken advantage of in such a state.

--- Feel terrible what happened to Perez after he ruined Mago thru no fault of his own.

He was undefeated with potential to win a belt, yet only 4-3-1 since. Worse, he dropped to cruiser and ain't even healthy at that weight. Psychologically he had to have taken some damage in that Mago fight and only seems to being going thru the motions of a sport he'd just as soon quit. I wish him well but just don't like to see him being taken advantage of in such a state.

I think that was because of his height. He really looks small compared to these dreadnaughts we have today. Tho that does not always mean he cannot beat any of them,

Wow...it turns out this fight is actually in a month! I don't know why I thought it was this weekend...8 June. :noidea: I think it was supposed to happen but they postponed it for some reason. Anybody know why?