Lomachenko vs Crolla This Friday

Bit odd having Loma fight on a Friday that makes me think his shoulder may still be a bother after surgery, hence a fight against a guy nobody has heard of in LA.

http://boxrec.com/en/boxer/659771

I expect Crolla to provide quality rds as a benchmark to let us know where Lomas health is. In his last outing he was still pretty much a one armed fighter that sorta bodes ill for his future.

Edited by LondonRingRules

Re: Lomachenko vs Crolla This Friday

I don't think it will tell us much. Crolla is going over there to get beat. I assume it will be a nice payday sendoff into retirement for him.

Crolla gave it a good go vs Linares first time round but was beaten and it was comprehensive second time round.

Loma will stop him within 6.

Well on paper Walters and Rigo were better opposition than Crolla but I can assure you Crolla won't be saying no mas, he'll be in there 'till the towel comes in or the final bell sounds.

More interesting than that this weekend is the undisputed middleweight championship bout between two undefeated P4P queens the following night, CANNOT WAIT for that one, All Access ep1 was brill, ep2 not so great but still decent.

Crolla-Loma live stream and Ramirez’s fight will stream live and exclusively in the United States beginning at 11 p.m. ET/8 p.m. PT on ESPN+

Hyperlink Edited. (Sel)

Banned for spamming without warning. No warning necessary in this case. Obv the same brain-dead mong.

Don't give Crolla much chance. He's a tidy boxer but it's a bit like Paul Smith going up against Andre Ward (though Ward was rusty and Loma isn't). Also, Crolla is better than Paul and achieved more.

Good payday for Crolla and his chance against one of the best in the sport. Heard ticket sales are poor. Is it a Top Rank promotion?

Don't give Crolla much chance. He's a tidy boxer but it's a bit like Paul Smith going up against Andre Ward (though Ward was rusty and Loma isn't). Also, Crolla is better than Paul and achieved more.

Good payday for Crolla and his chance against one of the best in the sport. Heard ticket sales are poor. Is it a Top Rank promotion?

Read that Loma will be getting over $1mill with some guarantee of over $3mill, while Crollas base split is $300k.....Hopefully there's some top up to that number somewhere! That figure isn't exactly life changing.

--- Fringe contender Arnold Barbosa BTFO longtime champ and contender Mike Alvarado who ain't what he used to be.

Inevitable really and sad to see. I remember when Alvarado got into a bar fight a couple weeks before a big fight and was knifed. As my dim memory recalls, he went thru with the fight. I'll look at his record to see if I can pick out the fight...later...

A devasting showcase for Loma that was! The gulf in levels was extreme, but Crolla was the mandatory so that's how it happened! I hope Crolla is okay after that, it was pretty savage. He should really retire, but I can imagine he doesn't want to end it in that fashion, might look to the domestic scene and try to rack up a home win at the Manchester Arena for a more dignified send off. Who knows.

As for Loma, what can you say! He's a special talent. I flip flop between him and Crawford as to who is my pound for pound number 1, dependant on which one has just fought :haha:

Lomachenko is fantastic, his speed, combinations, footwork and judging his distance is a joy to watch. Crolla didn’t stand a chance before the fight and he didn’t offer much in the fight as expected. Credit to Crolla for getting in there and challenging himself.

End of the third round was weird and I don’t think the ropes kept Crolla up. Loma might have got the stoppage if the ref didn’t start the count.

I was stunned by the power of those short punches Loma was landing. He seems to be very suited to this division.

He also seems to be continually refining his technique, fully embracing the mental /technical aspects of the pros.

Apparently unstoppable .....

Edited by Cableaddict