Who was the Champ when you were born?

WelshDevilRob

Re: Who was the Champ when you were born?

--- Ezzard Charles, but then Jersey Joe Walcott shortly afterwards, two of the more uniquely named champs in history.

Lucky me ate up everything I could read about their great championship series with each other and Marciano, stuff never replicated before or since.

The year I was born was truly an inspirational one :)

Muhammad Ali was the Heavyweight Champ. He defended against Chuck Wepner (the inspiration for the Rocky movies), Ron Lyle, Joe Bugner and took part in 'The Thrilla in Manilla'. Great year to be born.

The year I was born was truly an inspirational one :)

Muhammad Ali was the Heavyweight Champ. He defended against Chuck Wepner (the inspiration for the Rocky movies), Ron Lyle, Joe Bugner and took part in 'The Thrilla in Manilla'. Great year to be born.

1975? Thought you said you were older...lol. ;-)

--- That was an insane schedule of punishment Ali took after Foreman.

Wepner and Lyle landed hard and often, and Bugner clowned him with his own ropadope, and then the Frazier brutality. hard to believe his people were letting him do this to himself, but I suppose his soon to be impending divorce created a need for greater cash flow...

--- That was an insane schedule of punishment Ali took after Foreman.

Wepner and Lyle landed hard and often, and Bugner clowned him with his own ropadope, and then the Frazier brutality. hard to believe his people were letting him do this to himself, but I suppose his soon to be impending divorce created a need for greater cash flow...

Btw, talking of Foreman, guess who turned 70 yesterday? ;-)