WBSS II Kaputsky?

LondonRingRules

--- Said in the beginning I was dubious of the two promoters behind this, but thus far thanks to the fighters it's been a brilliant success, that is until the fighters ain't being paid.

Maybe eventually, but for now a time for all to sober up and await the other shoe dropping.

World Boxing Super Series in jeopardy of cancellation; some fighters still await bonuses - The Ring

Re: WBSS II Kaputsky?

Was reading this earlier, doesn't sound good!

As they say if something seems too good to be true, it usual is....

The WBSS has driven along nicely for a good period of time before it has started to splutter with issues, at least. And it's been a fun ride while it's lasted....

Even if these cowboys who are overseeing can't see it out, I would imagine Eddie Hearn would fancy taking it over, showcasing it on DAZN if a new organisation is welcomed to step in and keep it going, given it's success so far.

They've made some crazy-ass decisions like setting fights up in some weird locations. It must've costed them some money. SMW Final in Saudi Arabia surely was a cry for financial help. Making 3 tournaments in the 2nd decision was a risky decision and it'd be a huge blunder if they mess this up. I've always had doubts about supposed financial "success" of WBSS taking lack of lucrative TV deals into consideration,

It seems to me that the only way they ever got the thing to work at all was to offer the top-tier fighters exorbitant amounts of money.

If that part of it isn't happening, then they're finished. No mount of promotion, or silly little trophy, is going to get those guys in the ring.

So ......