Is Jarrell Miller is ready for Anthony Joshua?

The_budweiser

Jarrell Miller is ready for Anthony Joshua, according to manager Dmitry Salita

Heavyweight contender Jarrell ‘Big Baby’ Miller 23-0-1 (20) would accept a fight against unified heavyweight champion Anthony Joshua 22-0 (21) in April, according to the American behemoth’s manager Dmitry Salita.

His comments come after British promoter Eddie Hearn hinted at a “wildcard” option for the 2012 Olympics super heavyweight gold medallist’s next scheduled fight at London’s Wembley Stadium.

Jarrell Miller is ready for Anthony Joshua, according to manager Dmitry Salita - - Boxing News - Ring News24

Re: Is Jarrell Miller is ready for Anthony Joshua?

I'm not sure anyone is ever ready for Joshua, but much in the same way Joshua probably wasn't REALLY ready for Klitsckho, but boy he fucking went for it!!

I see a lot of people totally write off Miller, but I think they all underestimate him. I'm not saying he will shake up the division, but people are using the old "he's fighting and beating bums, so is actually quite rubbish". Wilder did that for years but he's still going!

In Miller I see a big old lump who keeps coming forward, relentless pressure. I am impressed he can keep that going without blowing out of his arse as we regularly see in the division. He looks to be able to take a shot, and march on forward applying pressure to his opponent.

I'm not saying he will march right through Wilder or Joshua's shots, but I don't think they would simply have their way with him either.

If he's not now then I'm not sure he'll ever be.

I think Miller gives Joshua trouble because Joshua doesn't want to fight on the backfoot but he'll be made to. Look at the size of Miller's head too, it's huge, it'd take one hell of a punch to get him out of there. I'd pick Joshua but it would be a hard old night for him since his fitness isn't what it should be and Miller seems to be very durable and unusually fit given he's 315

Joshua seems to be going backwards not forwards, I see many banana skins for AJ until he overcomes the same illness as the England football team - switching off a third to a half the way thru proceedings. Getting a broken nose in the first round of his last fight didnt help him much either, and wasnt part of the gameplan.

I dont even think AJ beats Whyte in a rematch on his current form.

Fury is obviously angling for a massive stadium payday with AJ next year and has nothing else in his sights prior to a retirement. But even if Fury beats Wilder there will be a rematch clause and I dont think Fury beats him twice. I also cant see AJ/Wilder ever being made. He was offered $8m by Hearn and chose a $1.8m rematch instead so what hope is there? Wilder's resume is shocking, despite the smoke and mirrors of the KO stats.