Jesus Soto Karass vs Neeco Macias world records.

LondonRingRules

Re: Jesus Soto Karass vs Neeco Macias world records.

The fight was funny. Two guys constantly moving their hands basically in the same spot of the ring through the whole night. I don't mean it was bad to watch, but I don't understand excitment over such fights. Most of the bout looked the same.

As I was watching it... I was wondering how accurate can that be? Isn't it just one guy pushing buttons in live-time speed? No way one guy can accurately count all those shots and then decide which are landed and which are not..

I had image of a guy just clicking buttons as fast as He can trying to catch up and maybe overdoing it - and then number being almost random ;). Might be wrong, if anyone is up for recount on slow-mo, let me know what You came back with!

I have mentioned before (in the "Use of technology" thread) about how "hawkeye" technology could potentially be adopted for boxing though my knowledge of its abilities is somewhat limited.

Hawkeye is used in a range of sports for a variety of reasons / situations:

Football/Soccer: To check if the ball has crossed the line for a goal.

Tennis: Players can request hawkeye be used to clarify a line call, was the ball in or out.

Golf: To show the arc / direction of the ball when a player hits off the tee.

Snooker: To show the watching audience what the player can see and which balls can be hit from directly behind the white ball.

As I know, hawkeye requires numerous mounted cameras in set positions and a field of play to reference. It also needs an object to track position in relation to the field of play.

Surely if the tech can be used to detect the precise location of balls playing around courts at over 100mph, then it can be programmed to track human figures within a ring, and the positioning of boxing gloves in relation to the body.

This will tell us, scientifically and accurately if punches do infact land on the body/head or not.

It could also detect low blows and the ref could wear a watch device on his wrist that vibrates when a low blow does occur, or other infractions like a hit to the back of the head.

Take is a notch further and it should be able to track trajectory (or speed and power) so we can identify "power" shots and simple scuffs etc.

I am sure there would be lots of complexity to it, and it wouldn't be cheap to set up either, but it'd be a hell of a lot better than someone watching on a pressing buttons when they THINK they see a punch land anyway.

--- Vetted a controversial fight year back that was on video in 1/3rd slowmo, and punch monkey stats way off passed an acceptable margin of error as I long maintained.

Moreover as Dinu was well ahead in punch monkey stats over BigBaby, he was nowhere near winning that fight.

Draw yur own conclusions, but with yur app u shud be aware, at least of the mechanics behind it, my mucker...

Aye, I am aware of whatit does, but if its some documentary it might delve deep into the background of it and such.

I'd love to be able to try and work on that hawkeye type idea I outlined above, but I cant even fathom the complexity behind the code base needed for all that stuff! :ranger:

--- you don't need some indecipherable code to take modern scoring to the people by allowing them choices within the existing rules of scoring to input the transparent public analysis as opposed to the existing private scoring decrees insulated from public oversight.

--- you don't need some indecipherable code to take modern scoring to the people by allowing them choices within the existing rules of scoring to input the transparent public analysis as opposed to the existing private scoring decrees insulated from public oversight.

Not on about scoring fights here gandpops!

Just definitive (scientifically / technologically proven) landed, scoring punches / stats. Just purely for facts and figures. But that said, if the system was actually accurate to some % degree, then surely these numbers alone COULD determine a clear winner.

I am watching it and I was shocked to see how it was so accurate on this.... Isn't it just one guy pushing buttons in live-time speed? No way one guy can accurately count all those shots and then decide which are landed and which are not. The fight was funny. Two guys constantly moving their hands basically in the same spot of the ring through the whole night.