Josh Taylor vs Ryan Martin 140 Tourney

LondonRingRules

--- Both easily made weight with this being part of the 140 tourney.

Taylor to be the obvious fav in his Scottish home evirons, so can Martin pull the upset? Where's Bud? I'd have thought he'd be ringside for this. As to myself, ain't ever seen either fight.

Edited by LondonRingRules

Re: Josh Taylor vs Ryan Martin 140 Tourney

Ryan is volnurable to left hook imo

Have you got a crystal ball mate? :lol:

I think Josh stops Martin somewhere in the 7th-8th round.

Have you got a crystal ball mate too? lol.gif

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Did anyone else wonder why Martin immediately held the left hand side of his face after being cracked with a KO left hook to the right hand side ? Methinks he didnt 'want it' any more.

The shots to the back of the head were after he had gone down...thats what he was complaining to the ref about. This was the solid left hook that KO'd him before those 2 blows.

I thought he was complaining about the shot that PUT him down.

It was slightly behind his ear, but obviously not taylor's fault since Martin was moving his head in, down and to the left. And FAR from a blatant rabbit punch.

Of Course - Did I forget to mention that Burnett is going to retire with self-infliceted back injury after missing a shot? Sorry guys, forgot to mention that ;-).

I thought Donaire might put on a good fight, but nah - I didn't see him winning!

Interesting - I didn't catch it on first view - altough I'll give him benefit of a doubt since that shot landed pretty square on the back of the head indeed - and He dropped his head so might not have seen it coming.

Er, he meant me. ;-)

I thought Donaire might put on a good fight, but nah - I didn't see him winning! .

I thought he was looking very good in that last round. He was starting to time Burnett well, especially when he got him against the ropes, and he was also making Burnett miss more, which probably led to the injury.

It's easy to dismiss an aging bottom-seed, but in truth, Donaire definitely looked like he belonged in that ring.

Maybe he'll surprise everyone and take the trophy. I wouldn't bet on it, but I wouldn't dismiss it as near-impossible, either. Remember what Donaire once was.

Edited by Cableaddict