Hughie Fury vs Kubrat Pulev in Sophia

LondonRingRules

Re: Hughie Fury vs Kubrat Pulev in Sophia

That's the best Fury I've seen, I was bracing myself for another 12 rounds of running but to my surprise he came and had a go, if his eye didn't get busted out he probably wouldn't have as he only got aggresive afterwards but that made for a better fight than it otherwise would have been.

All in all, not good enough though from Fury, if he can't beat a 37 year old Pulev then he's not world level yet but he can come again. Good effort from Fury. I didn't score the fight but 118-110 Pulev seemed a little wide to me

To his credit, Fury was more positive after the cut. The crowd were ridiculous, they would've cheered if Pulev farted. I had Pulev winning but neither will give other top heavyweights sleepless nights.

Hughie seemed to tire, in the later rounds, and his accuracy was pretty poor. It was still a boring fight with little real action.

To his credit, Fury was more positive after the cut. The crowd were ridiculous, they would've cheered if Pulev farted. I had Pulev winning but neither will give other top heavyweights sleepless nights.

Hughie seemed to tire, in the later rounds, and his accuracy was pretty poor. It was still a boring fight with little real action.

The crowd were ridiculous, they would've cheered if Pulev farted. 

:mlol:

--- Kinda curious fight in Pulev older, inactive, and seemingly in the best shape of his life.

Hughie mouthed Josh dreams, but still young and scarcely out of the sparring partner syndrome that the large influence of Tyson casts over him. It was almost like his coming out party as he was put into having to fight for his life for the first time. He did well in that regard. Needs to work on that right that was so clumsy we could be excused in thinking he was a lefty. And learn some combinations! Clutch and grab with no power aint gonna cut it.

So now Pulev in the big money mix for Josh.

What's everyones thoughts on Peter Furys comments afterwards regarding being cut by Bakoli? I feel even if the cut didn't happen the result would have been the same. Whilst Hughie looked decent in there, he didn't do enough to warrant getting a decision.

But at the age of 24 he can 100% come back from this and I genuinely feel Hughie CAN be world level.

That's funny and accurate :rofl2:...

.. I liked that though - just real support for their guy, being there to see him WIN, no matter how.

I like Pulev, He seems negative and basic, but He's tricky. That good, old school of European boxing from around that region. A bit like Zsolt Erdei maybe? He also would win rounds with couple sharp jabs and right counters... Pulev is heavyweight so he takes it to another level, but is still effective.

I'm interested in Joshua fight, curious what can Josh do offensively against tricky spoiler like that.

I expected tricky and tactical affair from both boxers. I was surprised how basic and wild Hughie actually looked compared to Pulev. I see some room for Kubrat's success against Joshua too.