What can David Haye do for Dereck Chisora at this stage of Chisora's career?

Undefeated

I'm sure everyone heard the news when it broke, The Hayemaker will manage Dereck Chisora from now on and the rematch with Dillian Whyte is top of the wish list but what can Haye bring to the table?

Is Haye still a promoter too? I know Joe Joyce is fighting on other shows in the US nowadays and Hutchinson left Hayemaker Promotions as did another British-Asian fighter (whose name escapes me right now but he's with Matchroom now I think) and I haven't seen Michael Page for over a year in a boxing ring, is he still boxing and is Haye still his promoter?

Why did Dereck choose Haye rather than say MTK who are proven?

I'm actually glad he did since I'd like to see them both prosper and achieve great things but from a business point of view what was the rationale?

Re: What can David Haye do for Dereck Chisora at this stage of Chisora's career?

Haye has no juice as a promotor. Chisora is dumb as a box of rocks, so that answers the 'why" question.

If Haye can actually make Chisora-Whyte happen, then he'll have a tiny smidgeon of respect from me, for the first time. (And I'm sure he will be relieved to know this. :haha: )

- But in less it's a set-up, where Chisora gets paid a bundle under the table, to take a dive and let Whyte seem like a credible opponent for Wilder, I can't see it happening.

• 2 weeks later...

Re: What can David Haye do for Dereck Chisora at this stage of Chisora's career?

- But in less it's a set-up, where Chisora gets paid a bundle under the table, to take a dive and let Whyte seem like a credible opponent for Wilder, I can't see it happening.

And what exactly is in it for Haye if this is the plan? I don't know what promoters make off fighters but say it's a reasonable 12.5% cut. It's hardly gonna be a payday for Haye is it?

And what exactly is in it for Haye if this is the plan? I don't know what promoters make off fighters but say it's a reasonable 12.5% cut. It's hardly gonna be a payday for Haye is it?

Two further flaws:

How would you take someone to court if they didn't pay your percentage of a bribe?

Why do Wilder's opponents suddenly need to seem credible?

What happened to RingStar? Maybe, they will just promote for PBC in the US. The UK deal with Dave hasn't brought many shows. Chisora joined with Haye and then the amount of money he wanted for the Whyte rematch skyrocketed. Think it's happening now though.

As has already been stated by many in the boxing community, Haye is a very shrewd businessman and I really beleive he will get Chisora the packages that he wants. He's nearing the end now so every penny he can get I would imagine he would gladly take!