Bakole vs michael Hunter

LondonRingRules

--- Wow, Bakole showed up at 270lbs and out of shape in his biggest test against Hunter and paid heavily for it. Don't know if this will be the ruin of his promising prospect status, but definitely time to regroup.

Props to Hunter who could maybe make some noise at heavy with further development. Highlight knockout beating for the stoppage a must see.

Re: Bakole vs michael Hunter

Just a heads-up.

Bakole, brother of monster-punching CW Llunga Makabu, is hands-down my favorite HW prospect right now. He's got everything:

Uh oh, the dreaded "Cable approval".

Expecting to see Makabu laid out in a ring in the near future :haha:

:whistle: :haha:

Martin looked clueless out out of shape from the start, probably wud have done better against someone his own size, could not get near Hunter

Terrible corner work from Billy Nelson- Bakole was injured and should have been pulled out.

Referee Phil Edwards took Hunter's punch very well at the end.

Oh dear oh dear oh dear.

Beaten before his shoulder went so there's no excuses, Hunter the better man on the night, Chamberlain and Whyte spirit absent from Bakole who was crying about his shoulder and not wanting to come out for the 9th, pretty terrible display all round from the African, that's it for Bakole as far as I'm concerned, if the Bryant Jennings that fought Klitschko was in against Bakole tonight he'd have beaten him too.

Not good enough but all credit to the Bounty Hunter, looking forward to seeing him back in the ring again next year.

Martin looked clueless out out of shape from the start, probably wud have done better against someone his own size, could not get near Hunter

Terrible corner work from Billy Nelson- Bakole was injured and should have been pulled out.

Referee Phil Edwards took Hunter's punch very well at the end.

I agree.

I've been HUGELY impressed with the guy so far, but this was embarrassing. Even if you allow that Hunter had a great night, Bakole looked bad. Slow of foot, a bit lethargic, strangely off-balance, and his mouth was wide open by the third round. By leaning n, he sacrificed a lot of power. That's why his punches were just bouncing off of Hunter's face.

Bakole's arm speed was there, but it seems like he thought he could just lean in and steamroll through Hunter. Big mistake, obviously.

Billy Nelson has a proven track record, of course, so I don't blame him. before round three, you can hear him clearly, saying:

"Where are your feet? I want speed. I want accurate punches, not power shots... and then throw to the body. He's knackered.... "

- And then Bakole went out and did absolutely none of that. He probably doesn't listen in the gym, either.

I think he probably got a little too full of himself, and didn't train properly.

Well, this could well be the best thing that ever happened to him. Find a little humility & get his head straight.

---------------------

- And yeah, Phil Edwards now a boxing legend, with that granite cheek !

Edited by Cableaddict

Bakole was just untested. It was visible that he's really strong, but quality of his other skills was a mystery as before this one he had fought just 4 rounds against opponents who had more wins that losses! Bakole looks to me like a kind of guy that may retire after such a fight. His body language has shown that he was extremely uncomfortable against a competitive opponent and I doubt that he'll have enough persistence to recover from an injury.

I think maybe he was injured before the fight started, and the shoulder simply got much worse by the 8th round or so.

This is the only explanation I can come up with for why he leaned in so much, and didn't throw the right with his normal ferocity and torso twist. Also maybe why he wasn't ducking, or using his excellent head slips.

Even being out of shape doesn't explain why he looked lke a completely different fighter, even in round 1.

I think maybe he was injured before the fight started, and the shoulder simply got much worse by the 8th round or so.

This is the only explanation I can come up with for why he leaned in so much, and didn't throw the right with his normal ferocity and torso twist. Also maybe why he wasn't ducking, or using his excellent head slips.

Even being out of shape doesn't explain why he looked lke a completely different fighter, even in round 1.

Come on Cable! The guy's just shit, there's no need for an investigation! He wouldn't last 60 seconds with Wilder or AJ.

Bakole looked like a novice. Hunter, despite giving away a huge size disadvantage, is much more skilled and experienced. It's back to the drawing board for Bakole. He needs a few competitive learning fights before moving up in competition.

Have you actually seen any of his other fights?

GTFOOH ....

The fights where he blasts out no hopers count for shit lad. His latest fight he "stepped up", ever so slightly, and was outboxed and outgunned by a chubby Cruiserweight :haha:

Like you say it might do him the world of good and he bounces back, focuses and puts in the hard graft to be better. But I don't see much in him tbh.

He needs to ditch fat boy Nelson if he's to have a decent, long and successful career. Billy was irresponsible there and it could have lead to to long term harm.

Better off saying "Yeah I pulled him, he was injured and there's no point having a 1 armed fighter in there" than having the guy eat a dozen clean head shots, lose his confidence and take an unnecessary concussion.

I think Bakole just felt he could pound the former cruiserweight into submission. Like Cable said, his balance was all over the place. Not sure Hunter will last at HW, he seems to be a tad small. But he certainly makes up for it in heart.

Also I love that Hunter punches that dipshit ref Phil Edwards in the face!

6A1F6DEE-FE53-4EB3-9A98-AFBE4261261E.jpg