Where does Ohara Davies go from here?

The_budweiser

Once tipped to be a special talent, it now looks like Davies will never get to world class level. I do think he can still fight for a title but not because he deserves it but because fighters will see him as a soft touch and an easy victory.

Another boring fight on Warrens card. Where does Ohara Davies go from here?

Re: Where does Ohara Davies go from here?

Ideally keeps his word with the retirement thing, having read online that he's thrown his toys out of the pram, thinks he's been robbed so is quitting the sport.

That suits me though. He's awfully overhyped, so is his power, he's a bellend of a person, and has been shown up twice now in the ring failing to deliver in his empty promises. He's domestic level at best.

He will ultimately be back in the ring, probably earning a fair bit as well, mostly on the back of his "controversial" character, and acting the villain to keep himself relevant. Warren is probably annoyed he signed this dud after Matchroom booted him.

In a way I wish it was a robbery, would make it funnier.

He's only got himself to blame, that's the first thing.

As for where he goes now, maybe Stateside to rebuild, kinda like Spike O'Sullivan before his last fight, put a few wins together on some undercards and get a proper trainer whilst he's at it!

I don't think he is a finished fighter, he needs to get a proper trainer and fight according to his natural skillset of a boxer puncher. He tried to be too technical in the last fight and it didn't pay off. He has power, so he should use it and intimidate his opponents with it.

I don't think he is a finished fighter, he needs to get a proper trainer and fight according to his natural skillset of a boxer puncher. He tried to be too technical in the last fight and it didn't pay off. He has power, so he should use it and intimidate his opponents with it.

Did you see what he said about why he didn't throw his right hand? I found it weird that he said it was because he was winning the fight with the jab so there was no need to throw it.

You might be right that he needs a new trainer and one who can make changes during a fight.

He does need a new attitude, correct. And he hasnt got a skillset looking at Sat's fiasco after all the trash talking. Both 'fighters' too chickenshit scared to engage with each other. Touching gloves at arms length? Whats that all about? Im glad neither of em ever appeared on a door to help me out. God help me.

There is no wonder that boxing has become a niche sport when 2 men wont stand there and engage with each other. Okolie-Askin springs to mind from week previous too. Another pair of wasters.

And we wonder why kids would sooner watch Kebab-McGregor? I dont see many lads in the octogan too shit scared to engage...

Geez, slow down with the coffin nails, guys. Is it not possible that undefeated Jack Caterall may simple be very very good?

And losing to Josh Taylor is nothing to be ashamed of. Taylor is a future superstar, IMO.

I always liked Davies, though I don't go out of my way to follow him. A while back I thought he had the potential to reach the top: Controlled and careful, but he explodes with huge, accurate flurries when he closes the show. High output and a KILLER overhand right.

He does have some faults: He lunges with his punches. He cocks his right hand before throwing it , and rather than hold his right glove alongside his chin he holds it a couple of inches below the it leaving him exposed to left hooks. He also leaves himself open to body shots.

Also, against Taylor, he appeared to have no plan "B" when his offense couldn't get through that high guard.

OK, he has a LOT of faults. ;-)

- But all these issues sound to me like the fault of his trainer. (Still Tony Sims, I assume? ) Unless Davies just has a bad attitude in the gym.

I wouldn't write him off so quickly.

Geez, slow down with the coffin nails, guys. Is it not possible that undefeated Jack Caterall may simple be very very good?

And losing to Josh Taylor is nothing to be ashamed of. Taylor is a future superstar, IMO.

I always liked Davies, though I don't go out of my way to follow him. A while back I thought he had the potential to reach the top: Controlled and careful, but he explodes with huge, accurate flurries when he closes the show. High output and a KILLER overhand right.

He does have some faults: He lunges with his punches. He cocks his right hand before throwing it , and rather than hold his right glove alongside his chin he holds it a couple of inches below the it leaving him exposed to left hooks. He also leaves himself open to body shots.

Also, against Taylor, he appeared to have no plan "B" when his offense couldn't get through that high guard.

- But all these issues sound to me like the fault of his trainer. (Still Tony Sims, I assume? ) Unless Davies just has a bad attitude in the gym.

I hope you mean as a fighter, for if not, you have serious issues man! :mlol:

You always place way too much emphasis on trainers, Cable! As if they hold a playstation controller to issue instructions to their boxers!

He does need a new attitude, correct. And he hasnt got a skillset looking at Sat's fiasco after all the trash talking. Both 'fighters' too chickenshit scared to engage with each other. Touching gloves at arms length? Whats that all about? Im glad neither of em ever appeared on a door to help me out. God help me.

There is no wonder that boxing has become a niche sport when 2 men wont stand there and engage with each other. Okolie-Askin springs to mind from week previous too. Another pair of wasters.

And we wonder why kids would sooner watch Kebab-McGregor? I dont see many lads in the octogan too shit scared to engage...

Good post Seli. Some pretty damaging fights being spewed out lately, not good for the "casuals".

A good point to be made as well is in reference to the trash talk. Davies gives it all mouth, but look at what he produced after all that talk!? He looks a proper fucking idiot, but he will definitely not have the brains to see how silly he looks. No shame in the lad, none at all!