Oct 13th: Martin Bakole Ilunga vs Michael Hunter.

Cableaddict

Just a heads-up.

Bakole, brother of monster-punching CW Llunga Makabu, is hands-down my favorite HW prospect right now. He's got everything:

Solid fundamentals to go with some SERIOUS powah.

Fast hands too, for such a big guy.

Excellent defensive footwork, too.

Love the way he throws that wide right cross, like it was a hook.

Plus uppercuts, body shots, all without diverting his eyes much so as not to telegraph them. - And always while keeping his head reasonably back & safe. Nice. He’s not flashy, not super fast on his feet, but like Golovkin, he’s a relentless stalker with huge power and uses excellent head slips to avoid / negate punches.

The only downside is that he seems to run hot & cold: In some fights he's looked brilliant, and in others he's been a bit sloppy, and maybe too upright. Well, that's why we call them prospects, I guess.

He's facing a "decent" fighter in Hunter. Hunter was CW, who evidently moved to HW after his loss to the great Usyk. (At least he took Usyk to the final bell, though that's about all you can say.) Maybe Hunter will be better as a HW.

Regardless, it's a passable opponent for Bakole who only has 10 pro fights so far. I read somewhere that he's with Ricky Burns old trainer. That can't be bad. Hopefully they're working on consistency & accuracy.

Definitely NOT a fighter to miss.

Edited by Cableaddict

Re: Oct 13th: Martin Bakole Ilunga vs Michael Hunter.

Martin Bakole Ilunga is my local fighter although I probably wouldn't recognise him if I walked by him in the street.

I'm sure they were trying to get him the Dubois fight a while back but it never happened.

Billy Nelson is his trainer cable

[TWEET]1046727336278855682[/TWEET]

[TWEET]Twitter[/TWEET]

It looks like a good fight on paper. Ilunga is very promising, but I wouldn't be too surprised if he fails against decent opposition. Hunter seems like a good test for him. I think that we can say that Hunter gave Usyk quite a decent fight and it's a pity that he din't try to stay in the cruiserweight division. He's certainly overweight as a heavyweight. Fat on his belly was visible in his last fight, but he still doesn't look to bad. Let's hope that he doesn't exceed 100 kilos, so he can be in an acceptable shape.

Just a heads-up.

Bakole, brother of monster-punching CW Llunga Makabu, is hands-down my favorite HW prospect right now. He's got everything:

Uh oh, the dreaded "Cable approval".

Expecting to see Makabu laid out in a ring in the near future :haha: