Tyson Fury reveals private email offer from Eddie Hearn

Bear Hugger

Tyson Fury had a very solid offer on the table from Eddie Hearn when he decided to make his comeback.

As Fury put the finishing touches on his return to fitness after almost three years away from the ring, the undefeated heavyweight was in high demand.

Before Fury signed a deal with promoter Frank Warren, 'The Gypsy King' entertained an offer from Matchroom boss Eddie Hearn.

Hearn proposed a three-fight deal which would have seen Fury earn £3 million for the first bout but Fury opted to join Warren's stable and has made £5 million from each of his two fights this year.

So it's safe to say that he doesn't regret his decision.

Full article: Tyson Fury reveals private email offer from Eddie Hearn | JOE.co.uk

£5 million for each fight? :mnuts:

Re: Tyson Fury reveals private email offer from Eddie Hearn

Hearn interview after the Seferi fight: “When we were talking to sign him, I said ‘look, I understand you want an easy one’. I’ll give you an example, I said to him you could fight Travis Kauffman. That was a guy I wanted him to fight in his first fight back.

“By the way, he won’t fight anywhere at the levels of Travis Kauffman for four fights - Travis Kauffman just got beaten on points at the weekend.

“I said you could fight Kauffman, then you could fight Tony Bellew, Dillian Whyte and Anthony Joshua. That is my four-fight plan. That is probably about £30m there as well.

“But he wanted four fights against this level – but it is going to kill his credibility and kill his value. Is he still a talented fighter? Of course he is.

Warren obv doing the old supermarket 'loss-leader' trick. Difficult to see where the £ has come from for the Seferi and Pianeta 'fights/fiascos'.

Exactly what I was thinking then I read your comment. Doesn't seem right if true unless he expects a big return vs Wilder and Joshua.

Warren hasn't gpt 10 million to give away, so if it is true, it's BT Sport taking a gamble, not Warren.

When he signed the BT deal it probably came with a budget to invest into events/fighters. You're probably right Gav, it's BT money not Warrens.

Mental money!!

Hearn interview after the Seferi fight: “When we were talking to sign him, I said ‘look, I understand you want an easy one’. I’ll give you an example, I said to him you could fight Travis Kauffman. That was a guy I wanted him to fight in his first fight back.

“By the way, he won’t fight anywhere at the levels of Travis Kauffman for four fights - Travis Kauffman just got beaten on points at the weekend.

“I said you could fight Kauffman, then you could fight Tony Bellew, Dillian Whyte and Anthony Joshua. That is my four-fight plan. That is probably about £30m there as well.

“But he wanted four fights against this level – but it is going to kill his credibility and kill his value. Is he still a talented fighter? Of course he is.

Can't take anything any promoter says as gospel, and slimey Eddie is the new Frank Warren.