WBO World Flyweight Title Fight Live-Streaming announcement

iamasadlittleboy

Was sent this earlier today by CBC TELEVISION CO., LTD-

Monday September 24th 2018

CBC TELEVISION CO., LTD

WBO World Fly Weight World Title Match

Sho Kimura (Aoki) vs Kosei Tanaka (Hatanaka)

September 24th 16:00 (Japan Time) at TEVA Ocean Area

Kosei Tanaka made his debut in 2013. Since then, he has been getting great attention. Beginning with his 4 amateur titles, and the the OPBF Minimumweight title in his 4th professional bout, the WBO World Minimumweight title in his 5thbout in May 2015 and WBO Light Flyweight title. This time heis looking ahead to attain a world title in a 3rd division. On the other hand, Kimura made his debut in 2013 and won WBO World Flyweight Title in 2017, upsetting Chinese legend Zou Shiming. Kimura is known as a hard worker and won his title whilst earning his bread from some extra jobs, outside of boxing.

This bout is gaining a great attention in Japanese Boxing circles and CBC proudly announces we will be live-streaming the bout for free at ASIAN BOXING - Home.

ShoKimura(Aoki)

17 wins (10KOs) – 1 loss – 2 draws

29 years old (DOB: Nov. 24, 1988)

April 2013 Debut

Right handed

Kosei Tanaka (Hatanaka)

11wins(7Kos)- 0 loss

23 years old (DOB: Jun. 15,1995)

November 2013 Debut

Right handed

So now just a big hope that people will want to see the stream when they send the link over! :D

Edited by LondonRingRules

Re: WBO World Flyweight Title Fight Live-Streaming announcement

--- Joe Koizumi penned this article on the fight with perhaps an optional link in case of any problems. He says the broadcast begins 4pm Japanese time that is approx same as Aussie time as a reference.

Hope to catch it soon.

Boxing News: Weights for Kimura-Tanaka WBO 112lb title bout >> September 23, 2018

Joe's link is to the same feed, Asianboxing just have an agreement to host it, and must do so for 7 days, etc etc (actually had to sign a contract!)

My understanding is they weren't going to do one until we asked, as they hadn't done any since December 2016!

--- We're onto spoiler status, but I dare not even now announce the winner since the fight was MAGNIFICENT beyond any loser with myself just an humbled honored observer of that in which life and death hung in the balance.

Didn't bother to score, near impossible, but I did take notes, so for now just watch the fight if you can. More to come later upon reflection and meditation...

Will take a look at this later as I missed the live stream! Sounds like a great fight.

Congrats Scott on getting rights on the broadcast, that's pretty impressive stuff!! :thumb:

Yeah, I sent you that Scott when I saw your site in the press release. ;-)

It's great for backlinking if the websites publish the link with a do follow, it'll help your site rank better.

I just hope your server can handle the extra audience or it'll crash.

P.S make sure you've got everything backed up.

Turned out that Joe K and other sites linking straight to YouTube hurt us, but wasn't terrible, we got double our normal views for the day, second highest day in history so not too bad. Helping the Alexa ranking and all that. Trying to get feed back from CBC on how they thought it went, but last time I looked the numbers were bigger than I expected, so fingers crossed they push more to us in the future.

Also CBC more than doubled their YouTube subscriber base from before the fight, so think they might be happy there!

--- Here's the scorecard. I did not make any notes for the first 6 rounds because of the furious toe to toe exchanges were essentially even.

kimura-tanaka-sumio16.jpg?ssl=1

The 7th Tanaka got clocked and went down, but the ref never administered a count and the fighters continued. At the end of the fight before the scorecards were announced, in the background I could hear the ref repeatedly explaining to officials it wasn't a 10-8 round because there was no count and that their feet got crossed up, but clearly Tanaka was weakened to ride out the round, so I give it to Kimura, but judges gave it Tanaka.

The 8th went to Tanaka that I was in agreement with since Kimura's right eye was swelling. Though fighting gamely, he made an easy target for Tanaka.

The 9th also was for Tanaka that I agreed with, but it was a split round.

The 10th went to Kimura that I disagreed with, scoring it even, a very good round for both.

The 11th was a split for Tanaka that I disagreed with. I went with Even. The biggerTanaka looked to be going down after an exchange to grab the exhausted Kimura to stumble them into a corner to buy time. Tanaka came back very strongly to take the rest of the round, a fantastic fight.

12th was a split for Kimura that I disagreed with. He started well, but in missing a punch did a perfect slow motion 360 degree piroette and barely stayed upright. Tanaka edged the majority of that round by my thinking, but he had been looking distressed those last 6 rounds here and there as he probably never had to fight so hard in his life. Bell rang and he slowly crumpled to his knees looking like he was ready to keel over and die. Making it up finally, they met to hug and offer up what a great fight it was. There was no joy in his demeanor as Kimura had because he was near collapse still. After announcing him as winner, the Japanese announcer for the fight grilled the sh** out of him, but finally said something that roused him from his impending slumber to shout out some slogan the the crowd cheered and started making jokes that got the crowd laughing.

If I ever visit Japan I'd love to be ringside at such a seminal event even if this fight couldn't be duplicated. I seemed to have some premonition that this was going to be such a great fight and gratified to see those instincts ring true. The fight brought up the echos of another great fight I witnessed, the first Pryor/Aguello war. Had that fight only gone 12, probably Arguello would've edged it. Had this fight gone 15, no doubt Tanaka was going to get KOed, but of course the docs could've stopped Kimura at any time based on the slit of his vision left in his right eye.

Viewing numbers exceeded expectation with CBC! They plan to stream future events alongside Asianboxing as a result! Expect the next Tanaka bout to be streamed... Potentially along with some future Kento Hatanaka bouts, when he becomes the second big name in Nagoya