Push Comes to Shove-Canelo vs GGG- Who YOU Got?

LondonRingRules

Re: Push Comes to Shove-Canelo vs GGG- Who YOU Got?

--- Level playing field Rob.

Instead of a couple ghost nanograms of Mexican beef, he's now eligible for BALCO Vic's guaranteed vitamins Golovkin has had access to!

Read it and weep for your guy. He's certified been sleeping in silk sheets now and ain't Mr Invincible anymore, but of course if Oscar continues his meltdown, Canelo could be fully exposed to the TUE Vegas officiating...only in boxing...

Im neutral on it, not a fan of either and hoping for a great scrap. GGG cant risk it going 12 again. Age is against him, and he is past his best. Therefore he will have to 'go for it' and against the best counter puncher in the world will surely end only one way. KO or TKO to Canelo.

Im neutral on it, not a fan of either and hoping for a great scrap. GGG cant risk it going 12 again. Age is against him, and he is past his best. Therefore he will have to 'go for it' and against the best counter puncher in the world will surely end only one way. KO or TKO to Canelo.

Canelo doesn't have the power to even drop Golovkin - he's not that big a puncher anyway and Golovkin has solid whiskers.

GGG with a UD, throw in a late KD to seal the win.

Chocolitito vs Fuentes i'm predicting a majority draw.

Munguia stops Cook late, maybe 9th round.

In a highly entertaining fight, Lemieux stops O'Sullivan in the 7th.

Watched this fight in a movie theatre in Manhattan, first time watching a fight like that. Was fun, the place was packed for the main event, people cheering, and talking boxing.

I had the fight scored even a draw. But i can't argue with anyone that scored it anywhere from 2 points in either direction. Lederman had it wide for GGG, but he said it on numerous occasions that most of the rounds were close and could swing to either fighter.

If you think this fight was a robbery, thats only because you felt so strongly that GGG get screwed over in the 1st fight. Close fight, close rounds, highly entertaining and much better fight than the first one.

I had the fight scored even a draw. But i can't argue with anyone that scored it anywhere from 2 points in either direction

If you think this fight was a robbery, thats only because you felt so strongly that GGG get screwed over in the 1st fight.

So sayeth a knowledgeable boxing fan. Have to agree. Exact same scenario as Ward/Kovalev l - fans so, so polarized by their support that it was called a robbery too. When in fact it was called 114-113 by all 3 judges to Ward. And no one could have objected had it gone the other way.

Last nite's result could have gone either way judging it on tv as we all were, too so there was no robbery. I dont want to see a trilogy and its time for GGG to retire that very easily bruised face from the ring and time for Canelo to move onwards and upwards towards the peak of his career.

I'm fine with it.

Going into the last round, my gut said Golovkin would take it by a hair.

But he clearly lost the last round, and I didn't see him leaving it all in the ring, so IMO he threw it away.

Not to take anything away from Canelo, who has finally earned my respect. (And how...) What a ballsy & intelligent performance he gave. The lad has finally arrived!

Can't wait to see him against the other elites at MW now.

Parting thoughts: When is Golovkin finally going to realize that Abel Sanchez is total crap in the corner?

i agree he lost the last round and cost him the fight but watching the fight just 1 time, he did enough to win...

When I watch it again, it's possible that I'll agree with you.

AND YET: Because Golovkin did NOT give it everything he had in that final round, I'm glad he lost, even if a careful rewatch / scoring would hive him a 1-round advantage, (and I don't think it would, based on how I personally score a fight.)

Even the way he stormed out of the ring. No class at all.

As good as he is, Golovkin is a bit too full of himself.

Also, fricking Canelo - Balls of steel, chin of granite! Whooda' thunkit?

I'm genuinely glad he won. Never was a fan before, but I am now.

Edited by Cableaddict

When I watch it again, it's possible that I'll agree with you.

AND YET: Because Golovkin did NOT give it everything he had in that final round, I'm glad he lost, even if a careful rewatch / scoring would hive him a 1-round advantage, (and I don't think it would, based on how I personally score a fight.)

Even the way he stormed out of the ring. No class at all.

As good as he is, Golovkin is a bit too full of himself.

Also, fricking Canelo - Balls of steel, chin of granite! Whooda' thunkit?

I'm genuinely glad he won. Never was a fan before, but I am now.

:haha:Hooray for drug cheats!!!!